Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Picture Commentary

2:00 a.m. in the holy city of zefat. it seems that i am not the only one still awake. just heard from loyal reader, mikimi. they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. i'm guessing that you are hoping that i won't go that far. anyway, i just wanted to give over a little something about the pictures on my blog. first of all, we have a picture of my new logo with an imaginary scene from zelda's place, my home and place of business. it really is a picture of lake kinneret, in tiberias, which is more commonly known as the sea of galilee. then we have some pix of my followers. (1) is of a new follower who is my cousin's granddaughter in california. (2) is follower, wendy, who shares the same last name and may be related. (3) is carol abrams, a follower and friend of my sister, ann (4) is a flower of sonsie, my sister's best friend and my loyal follower (5) is my sister ann, who encouraged me to blog and (6) is diana who is currently stalking me. the family group shot, captioned ,"the clan", is really my son's new sephardic family. through the magic of graphics, i have been transported to the picture. michal, a computer maven, chose a shot of me in a long moroccan green dress from the "henna" engagement ceremony. my son is the handsome young man, in the first row, on the left . he is joined by his father-in-law and wife's brother-in-law. behind him are 4 out of his 5 sister-in-laws , 2 young brother-in-laws, a mother-in-law and his wife holding their baby sahar. and then we have the picture of zelda, the proud ashkenazi -american safta holding her precious ,half sephardi /half ashkenazi ,israeli -american grandson, sahar at his bris. and the photo of the two women at the bottom of the blog are me and my good friend michal. we worked together in the same office ,twice. we have been friends for about 20 years. michal was my wedding planner and threw me my first sheva bracha. she has been my constant shabbat and holiday guest, for years. and when zvi and gal aren't here, she sleeps over and we have "pajama" shabbatons. she taught me how to use the computer program at work and brought me over to her new office when i quit my job. she is like a mother hen with zvi . she knits scarves for him and bakes him his favorite, lemon meringue pies. the tiny photo of me next to my profile is also from the engagement last year. i had no idea of what went on at a "henna". i never imagined that i would be given a moraccan dress to wear and parade around in. but you know about my fascination with costumes, right. in the pictures you see, i am wearing a red wig. sorry, that isn't my real hair. well, it is my hair, in the sense that i did pay for it. but you know what i'm saying. i am so happy to have 9 followers. i think that my sister ann must be paying some of you to read the blog, but in all honestly, if she can afford it, why not.? please stay in touch and i will also stay in touch. i invite you to share your pictures with me. i will try to add on more pictures and keep up my picture commentary.

1 comment:

  1. It has been 20 years. You were the first friend I made when I came to Tsfat! It was Mo that introduced us and I asked you were was the best place to buy some winter boots since I only had summer clothes and shoes with me - just came up from Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu.

    ReplyDelete