Thursday, April 4, 2019

Back On Track

it is 11:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  it is sunny and warm and perfect weather for doing laundry and windows.  my arm and shoulder still hurt.  I did a bit of plastering this morning. the side wall of the window ledge outside my blog room/costume room screamed out to me for help.  the windows are  also saying :"clean me, clean me". yesterday I did almost all of my sheets and pillow cases.  many are stained with red mud, thanks to tiny, the dog.  I did toss a few.  I will use the stained ones for under sheets to protect the mattresses from further abuse.

the house has been thoroughly turned upside down.  hopefully tomorrow, I will put the kitchen and dining room back in shape.  I am tossing out a lot of things.  I just threw out a few containers of screws, dibbles and more screws.  a lot of these bottles and containers are from my son's store in safed and my mother's house in Brooklyn.  my son lives in Jerusalem now and I do believe that they sell dibbles and screws there. if I need the occasional dibble I will buy some.

my biggest concern right now is do I buy pesach dog food or not.  tiny has stopped eating dry food.  he consists on  rice and canned tuna and other foods that I share with him. for instance, salmon, chicken schnitzels or hamburgers.  he forages the streets for bread.  I will check the supermarket  downstairs, tomorrow, for the pesach dog food.  I will need some bread for Shabbat.  last night I fried schnitzels in coocnut oil.  I ran out of canola. I did buy a walnut oil for pesach so I guess I can use that.  I bought two bottles of palm oil for frying.  I didn't really think about what I was buying for pesach.  I was on auto pilot.

I didn't take into consideration that the kids were only coming for the seder,which is Shabbat. I doubt that I will be making French fries on Saturday night.  last year I had the kids with me every day and I made tons of French fries.  I don't plan on having guests.  my good friend is coming up with her daughter and grandkids for 3 days during pesach.  I won't be making meals for them.  they will be sleeping downstairs.  I usually rent the place for part of pesach but the neighbor hasn't asked me this year.

today is the last day of work until May 2.  I have been scavenging the pantry to come up with meals for the guys.  I've been using a lot of canned corn and tuna.  I've also been frying schnitzels, tuna patties, corn fritters and hamburger patties.  I've been making a ton of pasta, too.  I've run out of ideas and produce.  the mushroom barley soup wasn't a huge hit.  oh well.....

 I've got to get focused and make a game plan for cleaning.  I keep on skipping around the house and doing spot cleaning or repairs.  last year I tackled every room and didn't leave until I finished the job. I'm a lot more sporadic this year.  I am pretty sure I will finish on time.  I just need to stay focused. in the meanwhile, I have started binging again.  last night I hit the pesach potato chips and a potato starch chocolate chip cake.  the night before I scoffed down 3 bars of schmerling pesach chocolate bars.  I am out of control!


No comments:

Post a Comment