Thursday, April 11, 2019

Another Wasted Day

it is 4:00.m. in the holy city of safed.  I didn't do very much today.  I got out around 10:00 a.m.  I waited for the bus and it was colder than I thought.  I was hell bent on buying seat cushions at a store on the way to town.  I had little patience and grabbed a cab.  there weren't any suitable cushions at this store.  there was a small couch that I would have loved to buy but they offered no delivery service or help as to how to get it home.  I bought a small doggie bed.  my son has very recently acquired a Yorkshire terrier puppy.  in fact, in our last conversation about a week ago, I tried to persuade him not to get the dog.  he had just sold his recently acquired ragdoll cat.

when I got to the first store I realized that I had left my reading glasses home.  they are my sight glasses.  I need them to cook and do most everything else.  I stopped off at the pharmacy, which is right next store to the large supermarket; and bought another pair.  they were pretty expensive.  I usually pay 10 or 20 shekels for a pair.  these were 80.  I didn't want to spend the money but I was helpless without them.  this day was really a waste of time and bucks.

anyway, everyone is very excited about this latest acquisition.  they are coming for pesach night next Shabbat. he is a tad nervous about having new puppy exposed to tiny, my dog.  I did have tiny inoculated when he was a puppy.  I didn't mange to get him one against rabies.  I couldn't get a doctor to come to my house and the local clinic was trying to force me to neuter him.  it is forbidden by jewish law and I see no reason to do it, anyway.  they are asking an astronomical price to give him a shot.  the regular price is 60 shekels.  they wanted 600 +shekels. (the cost of surgery).  I am stuck.

tiny is healthy and I do not believe the new puppy will be endangered by staying here. if they want to stay downstairs for Shabbat, so be it.  I have my friend ad her family coming on sunday.  I would rather not have to change the sheets again.  we can all stay up on my floor and keep a watch on the two dogs.  I am trying to play it easy.  in the end, the kids will do as they want, like always.  my word means very little. 

I decided to go to the supermarket and get the veggies for next week.  I suddenly was too hot and I felt feverish and really out of it.  I took a cab up the hill to the supermarket.  it is a 10 minute walk.  I was totally disoriented in the supermarket.  I looked for liver that was parbroiled and couldn't find any. I couldn't find any nuts, either. I bought a new barbecue grill and some chocolate.  I ate the first bunch of chocolate bars two weeks ago.  I looked once more and found the nuts.  I decided not to buy the veggies today.  I bought some very expensive salmon fillets and a few bottles of ice tea on sale.  I was very hungry.  I bought some whole wheat pitas and cabbed it home.  I was too tired to do anything else.  I just went outside and windexed the four porch windows.  I usually use buckets of water.  I was in no mood to be wet . it is chilly outside. the windows are quite large but very light.  I had a bit of a problem getting the last one in.  my upper torso strength simply gave out.

the birds have been crashing into the windows lately as dirty as they are.  now with them quite clear, I expect more dead birds in front of my door. I don't really care that they are a bit streaked.  I am too tired and dispassionate to care anymore.  I did them to excuse myself for not doing anything else today.  I was chilled to the bone yesterday after washing something.  I stepped in a puddle of water and couldn't find my socks.  I am thinking about going to the small supermarket to buy something for Shabbat dinner.  I will have a warm cup of tea and see if I really have any energy to go out again.  I can shop in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment