Monday, April 15, 2019

Another Washout

it is 1:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I am at home and have been waiting for my furniture delivery.  it just might come tomorrow.  I didn't give them my cell phone number.  I washed the floors in the two back bedrooms, main bathroom, and television room.  I swashed a lot of dirt around but I didn't find a trace of the dreaded chometz until tiny dog came in with a roll.  I snatched it right out of his dirty little mouth before he could chew any.  are we having fun, yet?

I'm pretty tired today and I didn't sleep all that well.  I was overtired.  there is so much dust and dirt in the house.  only bringing in a hose can properly do the job but my hose doesn't reach so far so I settle for buckets of soapy water.  my house doesn't shine.  my neighbors' houses shine but not mine.  I still have to tackle the four bedrooms and laundry room downstairs.  I can't think of it.  if I wasn't having company, I would close the other two floors for the week.

I figured out a way to pay my water bill without actually leaving the house.  that's right, I used my direct payment card instead of schlepping to the post office.  what a marvel!. I still want to go to town to buy seat cushions and veggies.  I am pretty wiped right now.  I will have a strong tea, get dressed and order a taxi.  I bought way too much food for pesach. oh well, it won't go bad in the freezer.  i'll have some for Shavuot, hopefully.  if I make it to town, i'll buy a falafel for dinner. wow!  I think i'll open up a can of tuna and have some chumus.  maybe that will help.

it is rather nasty outside and they predict a few days more of rain.  the house is freezing. I should go outside and wash my garbage pail before it starts raining..

No comments:

Post a Comment