Sunday, April 7, 2019

Everything Gets Washed

it is 12:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I got up at 10:00 a.m. this morning.  I did let the dog out earlier but then I went back into a deep sleep.  I went to bed last night at 5:00 a.m.  I did sleep most of the afternoon but I didn't feel rested.  the weather was rather strange. today it is warm and sunny.  yesterday it was cold and drizzly with the pretense of sun.  I went to services at the Sephardi synagogue and had lunch with my friends.  it was a long service.

I have to travel tomorrow to tel aviv to do a pet scan.  I know it is going to be a long day.  it will take nearly 3 hours to get to the hospital and possibly four to get home.  I am dreading this test.  you have to drink a huge bottle of sugary chalky substance which takes an hour to consume.  you then wait for about an hour until they shoot you with live radioactive material.  you then lie down for an hour and then you get scanned for about 35 minutes.  I usually have a bad reaction to the dietetic sugar in the chalky substance.  you also need to fast for about 6 hours.  by the time I finish it will be more likely a 10 hour fast.

I usually take a bus back to tel aviv from the hospital, but I think I will splurge on a taxi tomorrow. the bus takes about an hour or more and the taxi is about 20 minutes.  I usually get a taxi on the health insurance's bill but they are refusing to send me in a taxi now.  I can make my noon appointment, easily, but I do have a 9:00 a.m. appointment at the end of the month.  it will require me catching a 5:30 a.m. bus in a different town.  I will need to order a taxi ride and then take a cab once I get to tel aviv.  hopefully, it will only be once a year.

I washed two small dining room windows and two small windows in my blog room this morning.  I washed the dining room curtains and the seat covers.  I windexed allof the pictures in the house.  my eyes are on fire.  I want to run out and shop a bit but I am trying to stay focused.  tomorrow is going to throw me way off track on my cleaning schedule.  I probably lost a lot of sleep worrying about it last night.  I also washed the two Barbie and ken lookalike wedding couple dolls that I made for the kids' wedding ten years ago. I probably dusted them a bit throughout the years but this is the first time they hit the water. they are those truly flimsy plastic dolls that you stick on cakes.  they aren't strong enough to be played with.  the granddaughter tried.  my new montra is "everything gets washed" now.

postscript:  it is now 6:00 p.m. and I have officially stopped washing things.  I finished washing the four kitchen counter windows and the two screens and washed the bathroom window in the master bedroom.  it was moldy and dank.  all the screens are torn but that will have to be addressed in the future. I am tired.  i polished  two sets of brass candlesticks and washed several chactchkas and vases.  I have had enough of pesach cleaning today.

No comments:

Post a Comment