Friday, April 5, 2019

Almost Shabbat

it is 5:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I have been cleaning out the kitchen closets all day long and tossing lots of stuff.  I managed to polish my silver candlesticks and my mom's antique dragon like candlesticks, too.  I used anti caulk spray on those.  I believe they are brass.  you can't find brass polish here lately.  I have been using lemons from the trees for years.  I used to use toothpaste on the silver candlesticks but today I used a bought polish. I didn't spend a lot of time on these projects today.  I truly have little patience to shine up the place.  I am tired and my body hurts.

I ran down to the supermarket but had no patience to shop.  I bought polyester cleaning rags and a 3 kilo bag of chometz free dog food.  I got to the bakery just before they closed and bought 4 spelt rolls.  they didn't have any fresh chicken at the supermarket so I will make salmon fillets for my meal.  perhaps I will go to my friends tomorrow for lunch.  it is a special Shabbat.  we bless the new moon and it is half way there to pesach.

I did more laundry this morning but it started to sprinkle so I took it all back inside and put it on a rack on my porch.  I can't play around with cleaning supplies anymore.  I need to make a bit of food and straighten out the kitchen so I will have a place to eat it in.  Shabbat shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment