Friday, April 12, 2019

Moving Foward

it is 5:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  candle lighting is in an hour.  I have been on the move since 10:00 a.m.  I can't count the amount of loads of laundry I did today.  there still isn't one room done in the entire house.  I cleaned out the porch room off of the master bedroom.  it was a disaster.  I had two or three laundry baskets filled with dozens of slats from the shutters.  I put them in bags and will store them in the storage unit downstairs until I decide how to prepare the shutters.  there was all sorts of laundry strewn all over the porch. what a mess!.  I threw many buckets of bleach water all over the porch. I washed the two bedroom windows and doors. I washed the entire floor and bathroom and it is more or less ready for pesach.  I just need to dust the dressers.  I thought it would be a good place for the new puppy to get fresh air and isolate her from my dog and the neighbor's two dogs, who visit everyday.  I hope my son will agree.

I chucked out the 3 broken laundry baskets as well as my mom's antique one from the 50's.  it was a bit rusty and I had used it for the last 20 years.  I also threw out the antique step ladder.  it is too heavy for me and also totally rusted.  I will buy myself a small stepladder after pesach.  I also threw out the broken clothes rack.  I was still using it even though I bought a new one.  what is the saying about teaching old dogs new tricks???

I quickly threw 3 chicken quarters into a pot with mid eastern spices for Shabbat dinner.  I am broiling some salmon fillets, too.  I have whole wheat pitas.  I bought a chumus for pesach for the kids but I might just eat it tonight.  I found a mini halvah on my counter and scoffed it down.  I have been staying away from sugar but I have been eating dates everyday.  my house has literally been turned upside done.  I thought I could get it all back in place before Shabbat, but no such luck.  I don't think anyone will be coming over on Shabbat but anyway, I should have made it nice for Shabbat.  I will try and sweep the dining room area.  it's a miracle that I managed to cook something.  I don't think that I will work on Saturday night.  the lighting in my house is not good.  I hope that I will get some sleep and be in good shape on sunday to get to work.

I also have the two apartments that I must clean, too, but there are no chatchkas to wash or furniture to polish.  there are 6 windows downstairs and although I keep saying that I won't do windows, I will   probably do them.  i might do some plastering too.  who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment