Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Countdown to pesach 2019

it is 7:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I finished cleaning my apartment.  I went downstairs to start cleaning the bottom apartment.  it is dirty.  I am exhausted.  I washed the massive laundry room floor, a bedroom and the  kitchen floor.  it is turning dark and I can't do anything more. I have three more bedrooms, the hall  and the bathroom.  I also have to clean the kitchen.  if I wasn't having guests next week, I would have locked the downstairs apartment for pesach. I need to do the kitchen windows and the counter.  it is way too much work.  I worked so hard up here and it finally looks like pesach.

yesterday, I had a lovely young lady come to see the roof top apartment. I quickly washed the floor.  I would love to lock the apartment for pesach but I think my guests might need another bathroom.  I am feeling overwhelmed and it isn't quite fair because my house is already in order. I need to go to town tomorrow to boot.  I gave the veggie store a check and they want cash.  I need to bring the cash in the morning.  I also want to cook tomorrow.  I took out way too much food to defrost.  the worst scenario, I will have what to eat all week.

tomorrow evening, we do a check throughout the house to look for chometz. I already ripped up tiny pieces of bread and put them into ten baggies. last year I could only retrieve 9.  tiny dog had already eaten one.  tiny loves the new sofa.  I  had too cover the seat with a sheet as it has been raining and his paws are muddy.  I tried to tuck the sheet into the corner of the couch and he started growling and bared his teeth.  I sure hope he hasn't already buried a piece of bread in the new couch.

I am planning on making turkey neck soup with turkey meatballs, chopped chicken liver, beef in red wine, and chicken thighs in white wine and orange juice.  I think I better head downstairs to pick lemons and oranges off the trees.  it is already dark so maybe i'll do it in the morning.  I have so much to do tomorrow. I asked my friend to come over tomorrow to help me crack nuts.  my left hand is rather weak. I guess I should have bought shelled nuts.  I may have to buy more dates. I have been munching on them all week.  I usually make a meat and potato stew that stays on the hot plate all  night for Shabbat lunch but I think I will simply serve the leftover beef and make mashed potatoes.  that is my signature pesach dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment