Sunday, March 31, 2019

Are You Kidding?

it is 10:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed and it is miserably cold and pouring.  I cleaned out one pantry shelf.  my arm hurts.  I am thinking about going to the supermarket in my neighborhood to buy pesach dog food and disposable dishes.  I can't deal with my kitchen and dining area.  everything is on the counters and tables.  it is too cold to work in the house.  what is going on?  I am pretty tired despite how much I sleep.  I keep the heater on next to my bed.  I have to get to the yeshiva by noon.  yesterday I was hoping that I would not have to go in.  I was on my way in at !:00 p.m. when I got the call to serve lunch an half an hour earlier.  some of the guys were travelling to another town for a ceremony.

I served the most awful meal imaginable.  the pasta was barely cooked and I threw two cans of tomato paste into the pot of boiled water.  of course I threw in some spices.  I tried to make it up at dinner time.  I fried up tiny meatball patties and made sweet potatoes and carrot kugel.  I also served the remainder of the canned corn and pasta from lunch.  I was really too tired to go shopping at the supermarket but I did so anyway.  it was pretty empty.  I did wait in the cold and rain for over an hour to get a free taxi ride home.  I spent over $300 and that didn't include eggs or fruits and veggies.  the holidays here are killers.

 I cancelled my eye test for next week.  I just cannot waste any more precious time to clean for pesach.  if my arm doesn't get any better I do not know how I will manage.  it is quite foggy now.  I am seriously thinking about hitting the store soon.  I am truly not loving my life right now.  I emailed my sister to ask if she wanted her pesach dishes which have been in my living room hutch for the past 10 years.  I had to ask my gardener for help in retrieving them.  he is such a great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment