Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Night Long

it's well after midnight in the holy city of zefat and it's the first moment that i am free to blog. i woke up this morning to the sound of sahar crying. it was around 7:00 a.m. i was supposed to babysit for him today so i went downstairs and brought him to my floor a bit early.

he was not at his finest. he smelled of pish. i quickly changed his diaper and put on 'baby luli'. i made myself a strong coffee and i made a bottle of camomille tea for sahar. i wanted to go to yoga at 9:00 a.m. his aunt offered to watch him for the hour so i could get out. he was really cranky so i gave him some homeopathic drops for teething pain.

he seemed really sleepy so l figured that i could get him to fall back to sleep in his carriage. he nearly did until he saw his aunt. he was all smiles with her and wanted to run around. his aunt is pregnant for the first time after nearly five years of being married. that's just what i've prayed for. a new baby in that family.
it will definately take the spotlight off sahar.

despite my month's long abscence from yoga, i was, surprisingly, not all that stiff. i had wanted to return to aroebics, too, this evening, but gal didn't arrive home until after 8:30 p.m. that's a lot of hours with sahar! he is teething and not all that interested in eating. throughout the day, i gave him a bit of everything that i had in the house. in the 13 hours that i had him, he managed to eat a stawberry flavored yogurt, a bit of an omellette, a bit of tuna fish, a few spoons full of cottage cheese, half a banana, one date and a hand full of bambas. he drank half a bottle with milk. that was his entire food consumption for the entire day.

i picked him up at around 10:20 a.m. from the aunt's and he fell asleep soon afterwards. i think that he may have eaten some cornflakes and milk there. i kept him outside in the fresh air. i read a bunch of psalms until he woke up at about 1:00p.m. he was still crabby so i gave him more drops. i decided to give him a nice warm bath because he still reeked of pish. i got him into the tub but he didn't want to sit down. he didn't want a bath. i quickly got him cleaned and out of the bath in record time.

i took him downstairs where it was very sunny, and let him walk around in the grass. when i no longer could stand chasing after him, i went inside and put 'baby luli' on again. i cordoned off the t.v area by placing the couches together so he couldn't get away. he was happy watching t.v, patting the dog, and walking with his miniature stroller. he did try to break through a few times, but for the most part, he was okay.

i ate almost the entire can of tuna that sahar rejected. i also ate an entire container of cottage cheese, most of the omelette that i prepared for sahar, 4 dates, the remaining half of banana that sahar left, and a bunch of walnuts and sunflower seeds. i also drank many cups of coffee. cloey the dog, climbed onto the table and ate sahar's portion of omelette and most of his bambas. cookie the dog, ate almost an entire challah roll from shabbat. nobody starved.

i took sahar to the local grocery store and he started to scream really loud from his carriage. i gave him a chocolate wafer cookie and a moment later, his face and hands were covered in chocolate. i was in shock. thank goodness there were handy wipes in the carriage. he then screamed because he wanted to hold the banana by himself. just as he was about to squish the entire thing, i took it away from him. boy did he yell after that!

he seemed really tired at around 5:00 p.m. but i was afraid to let him sleep at that hour. he seemed to get his second wind at about 6:00 p.m. and by 7:00 p.m. he was hyper active. at 8:00 p.m. he forgot that he had a mother. gal came home with zvi and her parents. i brought sahar downstairs to see his grandparents. he didn't have patience to stay with his grandfather and he wanted out of his grandmother's arms to return to me. he even hit the grandmother. i saved the day by admitting to her that he had also hit me today. i simply, returned him to her arms and walked away.

sahar finally got nursed and fell asleep after 9:00 p.m. gal's mom asked me to walk with her to her daughter's house on the next block, while her husband put up the curtains for gal. when they all left at around 11:30 p.m. i stayed with sahar for a little while. he woke up and couldn't be conforted. i managed to feed him some cornflakes and milk that gal had left on the table. when gal came home he didn't want to leave my arms. once again, i placed him into his mother's arms and walked away.

how lucky is that? i get to do it all over again tomorrow. whoopee! i feel like eating a box of chocolate wafers but i'll abstain.

No comments:

Post a Comment