Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Eat Sleep And Eat

it is 5:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  i just had supper.  when in doubt, eat.  i only maintained a 12 hour nightly fast.  i took the dogs outside at 6:30 a.m.  it was pleasant outside with a slight breeze.  it was very lovely and airy.  i realized that i wasn't wearing my mask.  the dogs were not interested in staying outside.  it turned hot pretty quickly.  i do not feel well in heat.  i am a winter mammal. 

i made a matzoh brie at 8:00 a.m. and broke my fast.  i had two apples and peanut butter immediately after.  i think i fell asleep.  i was watching an episode of 'the property brothers'.  i focused on the clock on the wall and realized that it was already 11:00 a.m.  i read my emails.  my sister in America; let me know that my niece here in safed;  had brissed her baby yesterday.  apparently, all the family watched on zoom.  they are spread out all over the world.  my niece named her boy after my dad.

it was bittersweet.  i am not in contact with my niece anymore.  i haven't seen her in two years.  i emailed her a congrats.  she mentioned that she missed me.  if i wasn't already depressed, this might have put me over the edge.  i needed a sugar rush.  i made another banana smoothie /faux ice cream with caashews.  it was nice.  i felt much better.  i made buckwheat groats for supper.  i added an onion and poured in grated beet and carrot salad.  it was quite filling.  i ate about three portions.

i am now going to have a chai tea and an oat flour banana muffin for dessert.  i gave up counting the calories today.  what can i say?  i had a nice chat with a friend and went back to bed.  the news is just so awful.  we are having terrorist attacks during a pandemic.  the citizens here are all going ballistic.  ultra orthodox jews are stoning young soldiers, parents of fallen soldiers are threatening to breach the gates of military cemeteries and leftisits are protesting en masse against the government. 

Israelis in general, are ill mannered and not known to abide by rules.  there is no such thing as a line here.  but now, it 's too hard to watch.  i am trying so hard not to judge my fellow jew but i feel so much loathing for them now.  i pray for tolerance.  i ask for forgiveness.  i am losing it.  i will have my tea and muffin and call it a day, food wise.

by the way, the pigeons came back.  i made a few more repairs in the mesh and will check again tomorrow.  it's always something.  my tooth is acting up.  i am chumping on pieces of ginger to anesthetize my gum.  i heard about dentists gauging their prices during the quarantine.  nice people!

No comments:

Post a Comment