Monday, April 16, 2018

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays

it is 10:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.   the grandkids got taken to school at 7:45 a.m.  grandson stayed home at the Sephardi grandma's.  he had a terrific bicycle accident on Shabbat and thankfully, didn't break anything.  his poor face is all scabbed and swollen and he has an egg sized bump under his eye.  my daughter-in-law apparently fainted after the incident.  I was very lucky to have not gone through these things when my son was growing up.

I am not thrilled about going back to work.  yesterday I made turkey meatball cabbage soup, chopped turkey meatloaf and shepherd's pie with chopped turkey.  that is what I have in the freezer to use.  I made a sweet noodle kugel  and one with grated zucchini and onion.  I made it with spaghetti as there isn't any noodles in the pantry.  I tried to make extra dishes because I have an appointment to see the oncologist tomorrow in tel aviv.

I was pressured because I had the grandkids sleeping over.  the Sephardi grandma picked me up at work and drove us all home.  the kids made art projects out of some felt material I had bought to applique a costume.  the grandson made a shirt and pants that actually fit one of his sister's dolls. it was better than what one sees on project runway.  the kid has talent!

I wanted to smear arnica oil over his face to help reduce the swelling but he was having no part of it.  he finally fell asleep at around 11:00 p.m. and I tried to apply the oil but it was hard while he slept.  it was also hard to get the granddaughter up and dressed.  she fell asleep at around 9:00 p.m. but she was really tired.  it is very hard having her mother out of town. I need to travel tomorrow at around 6:00 a.m.  I will order a taxi when I get home from work.  the health insurance pays for a one way taxi to the hospital for cancer patients.

I am hoping to get a good report now that I am almost 5 years clean.  I know that I will hear something about my eight gain.  I tried to put off the appointment but they didn't have another until two months from now.  I didn't want to wait that long.  I did lose a bunch of weight awhile ago but I gained a ton when I broke off relationships with my family.  I look huge.  I think that I might cab it to work.  I'm exhausted.  I want to cook up a bag of chick peas and turn the remainder of the meatball soup into a chick pea stew.  I will serve the remainder of the shepherd's pie for lunch if there is any  left and if, of course, it was put into the fridge.

as usual, there is no one really at the helm of the ship of the yeshiva.  there is a student who runs out to buy items and groceries but he doesn't always get things right.  he got me the large aluminum disposable trays when I actually need the smaller ones.  he also got this really cheap tin foil that rips and doesn't really do the job.  I truly don't feel like working this morning.  I need to make a pot of soup, some cauliflower fritters and some ratatouilles.  I dread leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment