Monday, April 2, 2018

Eyes Wide Open

it is 3:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I finally got up and showered.   I think I slept though yesterday.  it felt like an out of body experience.  today is gorgeous and sunny.  I think i'll run down to the supermarket and buy some milk.  the kids will be staying here with me for a while. they went to see the new 'peter rabbit' movie with their mom in a nearby town.  we have a movie theater here in safed that doesn't show films anymore.  it does have the occasional play, art exhibition and school production.

I looked around today and I can't believe how clean my house is.  my drawers are also clean and in order.  I know I worked hard but I kind of go into a cleaning trance and don't always remember doing everything.  it is a great pleasure.  I still have food in the freezer, too.  I have way too many potatoes and carrots.  my friend brought over tons and I guess, I bought tons, too.  I forget I live alone sometimes and don't cook for a crowd anymore.

the yeshiva I worked for is, once again, looking or a cook.  I really miss the extra cash but I don't know if I can ever work full time again.  I will call after the holiday and check it out.  I gave up the job to a young father so he could have a livelihood.  I wonder what happened with him.  I guess you can't compete with a jewish mother or grandmother.  we give our souls and our hearts.

if the kids come tonight i'll make them fries.  they love them.  I have hot dogs and chicken wings in the freezer and marshmallows in the closet if we decide to do a barbecue tomorrow.  there is some kind of children's' activities in town tomorrow to go to.  it is a bit of a walk from the bus stop but I think we can manage.  maybe I should charge up the cellphone just in case we need a taxi.  I seem to live like like a recluse.  I hardly ever go out and I never take my cellphone with me.

I have plenty of cookies and chocolate bars in the closet and a few bags of potato chips left to take with us for a picnic.  I could also take the kids to the petting zoo downtown.  there isn't actually anything to pet but it's not really a zoo, either.  they have ostriches,rabbits, birds, and some kind of monkey or two.  sometimes they have a pony ride.  it's good for about an hour or so.  I better freeze some apple juice so we will have something cold to drink.  I could also make up some lemonade.  I picked tons of lemons from the tree before the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment