Monday, April 9, 2018

Getting It Back

it is10:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  the holiday of pesach ended on Friday night.  I still have not put all of my pesach pots and pans away.  I am in the process of  washing various pieces of cutlery, plates, sink inserts and dish racks.  I am cleaning the electric hotplate and still need to do the stove top.  on Shabbat I took out my grandma's blue glass soup bowls.  I only have 4 remnants of her set that represents a time gone by.  a time before disposable dishes and table cloths and cutlery.  a time of sets of china and linen tale cloths and napkins.  a time when everything was served on heavy china platters.

I serious wonder if I will be able bodied next year to pull out the pesach things once again.  who knows?  my brain MRI was cancelled for this week.  .it was pushed off until the end of may.  I see my oncologist next week.  I think it will be 5 years cancer free in October.  I need to wash the kitchen floor.  I also must tackle the upstairs for a potential rental.  I am also involved in getting costumes ready for a play at the beginning of may.  the kids went back to school yesterday.  the daughter-in-law's place of work closed so I am off the hook right now for babysitting.

my girlfriends and I played monopoly on Shabbat afternoon.  I slaughtered them.  I had a slow start but finished magnificently.  the key to success is to buy houses right away.  I didn't build up a lot of monopolies but I built on all the properties that I had.  one friend was not amused.  she is a bit of a sore loser.  my other friend and I were laughing and singing old movie tunes.  it passed the afternoon at any rate.  Shabbat is very long these days.

I did a bit of binge eating yesterday. I was pretty good during pesach but I did eat too much.  yesterday I polished off the potato chips and dairy chocolate.  I also had these horrible coconut cookies.  I need to get myself together for my oncologist appointment next week.  I am bored I guess

2:00 p.m.    got all pesach things put away.  I managed to rearrange the closets and put the pesach stove top on a bottom shelf.  too bad I couldn't fit the electric platter there, too.  I washed the kitchen floor and everything looks back to normal.  I actually prefer the way it looks on pesach.  oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment