Sunday, March 7, 2010

SUNDAY

it's 10:00 p.m. in the holy city of zefat. i walked to town and back yesterday after lunch. it was quite sunny and hot. as the sun would fade we would all freeze. i did all the shabbat dishes and pans but left everything out on the counter. i want to start cleaning out all the cupboards for pesach before i put back the dishes and pots. i thought i'd have a good crack at it today, but no such luck.

i fell asleep watching 'american idol'. they broadcast it here on saturday nights from 10:30 p.m to 2:00 a.m. i must say, that i'm not all that involved with the show this year. i had been a slave to it in previous years but not so, now. i woke up at about 2:00 a.m. and watched the clint eastwood movie, "Mystic River". i fell asleep and woke up at the end. of course, i couldn't sleep after watching that. so i watched the end of an army movie to about 4:30 a.m. and finally, fell asleep.

i woke up at around 8:00 a.m. and popped out of bed so i wouldn't fall back to sleep. i had a yoga class on the next street. i don't know why i'm so tight on sundays. i am just not a limber person. i caught a ride to town and went back to the bitach leumi office for the extra papers i needed. this time i only waited about ten minutes. i got to the city tax office and had to wait an hour. the woman clerk remembered me from thursday and actually, returned my reading glasses. i didn't know where i had left them.

she told me that i was eligible for a 70% discount and before i knew it she was bringing my file to the manager for inspection. they told me that it was problematic that my son lived with me and now they were going to send an investigator to my house. they now want us both to pay city taxes even though the house is listed in my name. it was too late to go to the bank to order checks so i took the bus home. i dreaded telling my son the news.

i fell asleep in my clothes. i slept all afternoon under the heavy comforter. i think that it was actually, hot outside. i woke up late this evening and watched sahar while his parents made a barbecue downstairs. he had been having a hard afternoon after getting another inoculation shot but he was perfectly fine with me. he sat on my lap and watched the entire "ellen" show and petted cloey the dog. they just went back upstairs. i ate the left over barbecued chicken wings and a lamb chop even though i wasn't really hungry. the aggravation from the city office did me in. it's in the hands of the Lord right now and i have to give it over to a higher power and let it go.

i feel very much like binging on some sweets, but luckily, i have none. until my puffy stomach goes down again, i will be more careful. i'm hoping to start the cupboards and do the refrigerator, tomorrow. i also need to bring some things to my niece tomorrow. she managed to rent out her place for pesach while they're in india and needs a pesach stove and a hot water urn. i also found a dollar bill that i want to give her for good luck when traveling.

1 comment:

  1. and I thought you didn't care for Ellen-you must have been pretty desperate for something to watch!
    prayers heading your way for easy and successful dealing with Israeli bureaucracy!

    ReplyDelete