Sunday, July 19, 2020

One More Thing To Deal With

it is 8:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  i got an SMS from my cell phone carrier yesterday; informing me that they no longer accepted my debit/credit card.  the lady was extremely decent and sweet and helpful.. i couldn't fully deal with it on my smart phone.  i do not have an app for for my bank.  my daughter-in-law's sister tried to access my new debit card and, of course, they couldn't send me the secret code.  i thought that i could just, simply, forward the SMS to the bank app but i couldn't find it.  it was on my phone temporarily but it just, simply, disappeared.

the woman from the phone carrier actually, inquired about  my well being during corona.  i nearly cried.  after being abused by the cable people for days on end;this was a very beautiful exchange.  i still had to leave my house to go to the bank.  i jumped on the bus and was there in five minutes.  unfortunately, the bank was closed.  who knows their hours???  i decided to walk home.  this was not one of my best decisions.

i needed to move because i had overeaten a lot yesterday.  i made it home but the last stretch was a bit tricky.  it is normally a 20 minute walk for me.  a younger person could do it in 10 or 15 minutes.  however, a younger person wouldn't be walking.  they all have cars, bicycles, motorcycles or electric scooters.  i chose to take the longer; round about way home; because i wanted more exercise.  i thought that i might pass out.  i was overheated.  i chose not to sit for awhile and i proceeded up several flights of steps to my house.  i didn't move much once i got home.  i had a simple green salad with a boiled egg for supper.  i started my nightly fast at 7:00 p.m.

i must go to the bank now because i can't do any banking on my smart phone.  i will shower and change and take the bus there.  i broke my fast at 7:00 a.m.  i had two oat meal muffins and a cup of chai tea with rice almond milk and a slice of fresh ginger.  i shared some of the muffins with the pooches.  i added green squash, banana, carrot and apple this time.  i wanted to create a sugar and flour free zucchini cake like muffin.  i don't add sweeteners so i relay on bananas for the sweetness.  we don't often have real zucchini here and the light green squash is a bit bitter.  most carrot and zucchini cakes and breads are loaded with  a ton of sugar.  the addition of an apple and a carrot didn't really add much sweetness.  i did add quite a lot of cinnamon and vanilla extract for taste.  they were actually, not all that bad. 

i think with all the new gluten free, sugarless, keto and diabetic friendly recipes, one must have a good imagination.  take for instance; my banana ice cream.  it is simply frozen banana slices with a splash of almond milk processed in a mini machine.  it tastes wonderful and is super refreshing.  is it ice cream?  i don't think so but for me it is.  it has the texture of sherbet.  sometimes i add frozen cherries and sometimes i add chopped walnuts.  when i add the walnuts i imagine that i am lingering over a pint of Ben and jerry's 'chunky monkey' ice cream.  i don't go out of my way to buy chocolate chips to add to the concoction because i am a chocoholic.  i can't have any in my home. i don't even enjoy the taste anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment