Thursday, March 22, 2018

The Great Shabbat

it is 9:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I just had a glass of water.  I finally got out of bed and let the dog out at 8:00 a.m. I got up earlier but didn't feel like moving.  I went straight into the guest bedroom and dusted the furniture and mopped the floor.  I didn't use bleach.  no one eats in this room.  I struggled putting the bed cover back on.  the nylon zipper kept on splitting.  I thought it was a goner for sure but somehow it all worked out.  I made up the bed and now it is completely ready for pesach.   I need to do the same to the master bedroom.  tiny has been bringing in large rolls that people are throwing out before pesach.   I need to finish the room and close the door.  I already did a major floor washing at the beginning of the week.  I will just sweep and change the linens. 

I have to go to town at 12:00 p.m. to pick up the kids. I need to stop off at the rabbinate and sell my chometz.  I also have to buy some potatoes and veggies for Shabbat.  I have decided to make a shepherd's pie without baking it.  how bad could it turn out?. I am also going to stew some chicken thighs and legs with barley and wheat and potatoes for lunch.  I'm on the fence about bothering to cook fish this week.  I wish they ate gefilte fish.  I have a jar of it in the closet..  oh well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment