Thursday, March 8, 2018

Looks Like Rain

it is 9:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I am looking around the house.  some corners are shiny and looking great.  and then there's the rest of the house.  I still have to put the purim costumes away.  I just took all the magnet photos off the fridge door.  putting them back seems like quite a chore.  I  still have silverware to put away, too.  I am officially using disposable until pesach.  I had my morning cocoa in a hot cup.  I don't feel like washing coffee cups anymore.

I have to pick up the kids at 4:00 p.m. and I am making Shabbat meals this week.  I have a whole chicken that isn't kosher for pesach and I think I will bake it.  I don't think I have ever done this before.  I usually cook things on the stove.  I have thin noodles and some eggs so i'll make a kugel.  I don't know what to make for Shabbat lunch.  I'm thinking maybe a shepherd's pie if I can get some chop meat.  they have never had one.  I guess I have to go out, once again, and buy veggies.  I'll have to get to a cash machine because I didn't pick up the checkbooks from the bank today.  are we having fun?

1:30 p.m.  I am taking a break to eat something.  I had some peas and carrots in a can, half a tin of tuna and some chumus.  I have been hustling.   I managed to put the dreaded purim costumes away.  I was able to pry the other side of the closet open and cleaned it out too.  tiny dog sleeps there.  I put all the army uniforms that my son had in a bag.  some are brand new.  I don't know how to return them to the army and I don't want him to get into trouble for having so many.  they were taking up most of the space in the closet.  I don't dare chuck them in the garbage bin.  i'll ask my neighbor what to do with them.  I did save some for purim or a future play.

I cleaned up the living room and washed a lot of the lego.  I tossed out some jackets that don't ever get worn.  I am pretty tired and I still haven't put the couch cover and pillow covers back on.  the rest of the house looks like a tornado hit.  the kitchen is still pretty much trashed.  I put the photo magnets back on fridge but I didn't remember where they all went.  I want to go to town soon and get to a grocery store before I get the kids.  I better buy something for the kids to eat for supper. I have nothing in my fridge.  actually, they do like rice with milk and sour cream and I have plenty of rice.  I just need to buy some sour cream, I guess the problem is solved!

11:30 p.m.  I just finished washing the floors.  I moved all the bookcases and cleaned all the gunk behind them.  the floors look like pesach.  the kitchen is still a mess.  the tables are covered with stuff and the both sinks are filled with dirty dishes.  I will tackle this mess in the morning, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment