Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sundays

it is 9:00 a.m .in the holy city of safed.  I am too tired to do anything right now.  i, pretty much didn't sleep last night.  I did sleep for most of the afternoon.  I need to exchange the lock in town today.  I also need to go to the clinic to check up on my paperwork.  I already drank a strong tea and a hot chocolate.  I am waiting for the caffeine to kick in.  as usual, I ate too much on shabbat.  I have been fasting each night for 12 hours.  I desperately need to lose weight.  I felt a bit lighter on Saturday morning.  maybe it was my imagination.  I thought about going to the supermarket to buy matzoth today.  maybe i'll find some in town.

I finally have a good book to read but no time to actually commit to it.  it's an epic novel about life of the jews in Russia around the late 1800's and it is about 600 pages.  it's a perfect book to read on Shabbat.  I read about 100 pages on Friday night and went to sleep after 2:00 a.m.  I managed to get to synagogue at 8:00 a.m. but I felt pretty queasy.  I didn't have any banana pancakes for the morning so I made some oatmeal on Friday to have something to have before I left for services.  I also ate it as a dessert.  I'm staying clear of cookies and cakes.

I need to wash my kitchen chairs and clean out the actual alcove where I cook.  I can't think about it today.  I also need to wash the windows in the master bedroom.  perhaps, later I'll have more energy. the clinic office is open until 12:00 p.m.  I think, I best, make my way over there.  if the clinic up here cannot help me I will have to go to the main branch in town.  it's just a matter of showering, and getting myself dressed.  no easy feat.

5:00 p.m. didn't do much cleaning today. my paperwork was ready except for the MRI.  they listed rambam instead of sheba.   they claim that patients in the north automatically get listed for rambam in Haifa even thought I have been doing all my treatments and checkups in tel aviv at sheba.  just more bureaucracy.  I think I left my magnetic card at the clinic.  if not, I have to get a new one soon.   I got to town and was able to get another lock for the front door. I hope this one fits.  the fix it man might come tomorrow.  I then went back up to the large supermarket, not far form my home and bought matzah.  these are special hand made round matzah.  I paid $34 dollars for two pounds.  that was cheap. they had some for more.  I also paid $23 dollars for 2 pounds of hand made square matzah for the kids.

I bought about 3 dozen eggs and two bags of unshelled nuts. all I need now is to buy heavy duty aluminum foil to cover my kitchen counters and, of course, tons of potatoes and veggies.  I do still need white paint and plaster.  I hope I will be more energetic tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment