Saturday, March 24, 2018

The End Of The Great Shabbat

it is 9:00 p.m. in the hoy city of safed.  Shabbat ended at 7:35 p.m.  I was reading a novel and covered in a warm blanket.  it got really cold overnight.  I mean, cold like winter.  this is after having had a few days of a heat wave like summer.  my grandson got pretty sick.  he had a high fever and he wanted to sleep over.  he was coughing up a storm and I really cannot afford to get sick again, especially right before pesach.  I didn't have any childs' aspirin and I kept telling the parents to visit a neighbor and get some.  he managed to walk home but granddaughter refused to go home.  she fell asleep right after the parents left.  that was about 10:00 p.m.  I couldn't sleep because I noticed that the kids had left their house key here.

I figured that perhaps, the grandson could climb in through the  kitchen window and let the parents in.  I stayed up for a while and unlocked the door, in the advent that someone would return to my house.  I finally fell asleep and awoke at 4:00 a.m.  I locked the door.  I didn't to synagogue this morning.  I was too cold and my knee ached.  it is difficult to climb steps.  I was hoping that after a little rest, it would feel better.  no such luck. we both got up at about 8:00 a.m. and I had to keep her inside even though she was already dressed and ready to run over to see her friend.  I let her go to her friend at 10:00 a.m.   services usually end at about 10:30. she retuned home with her friend at 12:30 p.m.  the kids arrived at 1:00 p.m. and we finally had lunch.

the grandson had had a very high fever and was laying limp in bed all morning. they usually come at about 11:30 a.m.  after a dose of very strong aspirin he was more or less, himself. he wanted to stay over until Shabbat ended but thankfully, they all went home and I went to bed at 3:00 p.m.  I was limping a bit.  I got up at 6:00 p.m. and had a cup of cocoa and ate some rice cakes with peanut butter.  I continued reading my novel until Shabbat ended. I didn't make havdallah right away..

the son called and wanted me to babysit tonight.  I am just, too tired.  I can't do anything right now.  I have a little washing up to do but it can wait until  morning.  I also feel like I might be coming down with something.  my nose is running non stop.  I have lots to do tomorrow.  I want to start the downstairs.  if it is very cold I don't see myself being outside doing windows.  I also need to pick up the kids from school at 1:00 p.m.  it always gets down the wire no matter how early I start. I need to clean the torn up little couch and recliner in the t.v. room and dust off a bookshelf and the upstairs will officially be cleaned for pesach.


No comments:

Post a Comment