Monday, March 12, 2018

A Lovely Day

it is 8:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  the kids have been taken to school.  I just ate a full plate of spaghetti and drank a hot chocolate.  I am unmotivated this morning.  I am so tired of cleaning.  I want to finish the kitchen but I can't get started.  I look around the house and I get so discouraged.  I know I am ahead of the game but I want to get finished already.  we all went to sleep pretty early again.  television was off by 9:30 p.m.  we are still sleeping on mattresses on the floor.  it's like camping out. 

granddaughter woke up and got her clothes by herself.  she dressed and did her hair and brushed her teeth.  grandson refused to shower last night, and was reluctant to do so this morning.  grandson got way to wired form a chocolate pudding.  I had to physically drag him into the shower and he was a bit violent.  by the time he left, he was calmed down.  is there any wonder that I'm tired.

I couldn't fine the bottle of ritalin this morning and went into a sheer panic.  the kitchen counter is upside down with disposable cups, cutlery, and assorted goodies.  it was on the counter in plain sight but I was a bit mixed up.  I am not fit to parent.  at 66, I can barely keep up with these kids.  the granddaughter is obsessed with making slime and I promised her that today I'd help her.  I need this like I need another tumor in my head.

the parents are still away and I am a nervous wreck.  I  want to run away.  perhaps. going out to town might provide some relief.  I still have two weeks to finish pesach.  I have done so much already.  I have organized my closets, for the most part, and gotten rid of things that I don't need or want.  I polished the candlesticks and cleaned out the cutlery drawers.  I wiped down all of the judaica but didn't polish it all.  I did last year but I just cannot deal with it now.  I think I need a break.  it is a warm and sunny day.  perfect for doing laundry and windows.  I wish I could just chuck it all and escape.  I might just do that a bit later.  I want to organize a linen closet first.

11:00 a.m.  sorted out linen closets.  threw out quite a lot of old sheets.  made sets to put downstairs for guests.  climbed up to top of clothes closets to wipe dust.  hadn't been done since we moved in 17 years ago.  it wasn't so bad, actually.  went through drawers and tossed kerchiefs and tops I can't wear.  threw out my mom's kerchiefs.  they weren't bothering anyone stored in a small drawer but I think it's just time.  I am trying to live in the now.  it is very warm outside.  I could still make it to town and hit the bank and get my checkbooks and buy ingredients to make slime.

5:30 p.m.  kids made great slime.  I bought a bottle of Persil for $10, gel coloring for $3 and white glue for $3.  you can buy little bottles of slime at the play store for 2 shekels a pop.  oh well......

8:00 p.m.  kids are on mattresses and almost asleep.  I laundered a few things that got 'slimed'.  turns out that Persil and glue work great together and comes out in hot water.  all's well at Zelda's place tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment