Thursday, March 15, 2018

Raining Really?

it is 9:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I have tons of laundry hanging outside and it looks like it may start raining any minute.   I forgot to take out a load last night and hung it outside to get freshened in the air.  I have a lot of the kids' stuff drying too.  it got cold again and my heaters suddenly died.  I can't really afford to buy new heaters right now.  I will have to ask the neighbors to give me a couple of heaters when their guests arrive for pesach.  that is, of course, if it is still cold. I may need to borrow fans.  who knows?  I am too tired to move.  my body is hurting all over.  a tussle with my grandson this morning to get him into the shower, didn't help.  I got up at 5:45 a.m. when the grandson woke up.  I still have about 12 days to finish pesach cleaning.  why am I panicking?

I think I will have to skip touch up painting downstairs.  the three bedrooms are for the most part, in tact.  I will just wash the floors next week. I think i'll skip doing the windows downstairs.  I still do need to finish up scrubbing the kitchen alcove, where I do my cooking and frying.  I have to wash the stove top and oven.  I don't use it for pesach.  I have a separate range and toaster oven for pesach.   I'm still not sure if the kids will be here for the seder. 

I need to rest up a bit this morning.  the granddaughter has her first grade recital at 5:30 p.m.  right now I am not fit for anything.  I am going to take it easy.  I am seriously, not doing so great.  I don't even have the strength to go out now to do errands.  I know, i'll try to get the plumber to come.  still need toilet downstairs fixed.

11:30 a.m.  did more laundry.  schlepped a mattress and wooden frame downstairs.  that's the extra bed I use when kids sleep over on shabbat.  I found some single mattresses in the street a while ago so the kids can use those on pesach if they are here.  I am also short on pillows.  I might just tell my guests and family to bring their own.  I washed down a mattress.  hopefully it will seem clean.  the sun finally came out for awhile.  downtown, according to my friend, it's hot and sunny.  up here in the boonies, it is cold and grey. go know?  hopefully, the repairman can come tomorrow to fix the toilet.  that will take half of the rental, for sure.  it ain't easy, as I've previously commented.

3:00 p.m.   been futzing around with closets and laundry for most of the day. luckily, it didn't rain.  still have some blankets on the lines.  everything smells clean and fresh but red clay stains and mud didn't come out.  tiny dog did a real mess this winter.  I haven't seen our newest pet, zavie the turtle.  I wonder if he made it to the downstairs or actually ,got out of the courtyard.  I found the old game of life in my bedroom closet.  I think the kids will get a kick out of it.  I found it quite boring last time I played it.  monopoly is my game of choice.  I really need to rest before ging to the first grade production.  this is going to be very long and grueling.

No comments:

Post a Comment