Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Rain Rain Go Away

it is 8:00 am. in the holy city of safed.   it is pouring.  so much for cleaned windows.  there are two mattresses that got left outside in the rain.   the granddaughter was playing with them yesterday.  if the Lord see fits to give us rain one must be thankful, I think.  I cannot get started this morning.  I am beat.  I have three bedrooms to mop down and a hallway and 2 flights of steps.  I also have to schlepp down two mattresses and two wooden frames.  it has to get done today.  there is a dank smell in the stairwell.  I need to buy room scents later if it stops raining.  maybe i'll sprinkle aromatic oil drops every where.  who knows at this point.

9:00 p.m.  I finished the downstairs at 2:30 p.m.  I made up all the beds.  I will brig down comforters tomorrow.  I am not sure that I have enough.  it turned sunny and warm and I did a few wash loads.  I mopped the downstairs master bedroom but didn't have time nor energy to spackle or do windows.  I think the place looks great.  too good for the pithily fee I asked for.  I managed to bang up my middle linger and my big toe carrying down  the heavy wooden frames.  a woman my age should not be doing this.

we just got pizza.  the kids are sleeping over.   the daughter-in-law is working all night again.  I think I had 4 slices.  it's okay I didn't eat anything since my morning bowl of oatmeal.  I'm pretty much finished with pesach cleaning.  tomorrow I will bleach out the kitchen counters and cover them in thick tin foil.. I decided not to take out my pesach toaster oven.  it is in a hutch and I cannot lift the wooden top /bench.  we will just have to be happy with mashed potatoes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment