Tuesday, March 13, 2018

It Ain't Easy

it is 8:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  kids just left.  grandson woke up at midnight and saw a rather gruesome scene from Law and Order.  that was it for falling back to sleep.  I allowed him to watch his violent cartoons while I tried to fall back to sleep.  I was awakened many times by his shifting in the mattress.  at 3:00 a.m. I saw tat he was still awake watching cartoons.  I lost it.  granddaughter woke up at that point.  grandson cried and carried on after television was turned off.  he may have fallen asleep around 5:00 a.m, which means I may have fallen asleep at that time.  every time I fell asleep he would wake me up.  my  head hurt and my eyes were burning at 11:00 p.m.

both kids woke up at 6:30 a.m.  they wanted to play with their slime.  I was planning on going to town to buy more glue and color for them to make new slime but I don't think that will happen.  yesterday I spent nearly 40 minutes in the bank waiting for my checkbooks; only to be told that they had been sent to my postal box on the next street.  I went ballistic.  I can't do changes.  for over 33 years they have always been sent to the bank.  there I was in town without cash or checks and couldn't do any more shopping for the holiday.  I want to get the matzah already.

I need to have my creatinine levels tested before the MRI but I am too tired now to take a blood test.  I will probably stay in and do laundry and windows.  I managed to do the two bedroom windows in the computer room.  they were pretty light weight. looks like the kids will be with me again tonight.  daughter-in-law is arriving very late from Jerusalem.  tomorrow is my granddaughter's first grade's production.  it is very emotional.  I know the kids are missing their parents a lot.  I am no substitute for their young and active parents. I have more patience for sure, but not more energy.  and that's the
truth

2:30 p.m.  watched a murder trial movie until noon.  I did laundry.  that's about it for today.  need to  run to supermarket to buy some food.  kids will be back at 4:00 p.m.  managed to get the bed cover back onto bed.  trick was to open it into two pieces rater than struggle with one.  now I can wash the other cover without fear.  I feel like today was a wasted day.  oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment