Sunday, March 25, 2018

Countdown To Pesach 2018

it is 8:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.   I am shivering.  I just took a luke warm shower.  my clothes were wet from washing windows downstairs.  I did the two small windows in the bomb shelter bedroom.  the screen was shot and I won't have any time to fix it until after pesach.  I intend to wash the windows in the downstairs kitchen in the morning before I have to pick up the kids.  they are all pretty small.  I washed the windows in the living room today but I didn't lift them out of the frames.  they are incredibly heavy. I kind of threw water up and down the backs.  I guess I got the dirt off of them.  I couldn't really windex them.

I only had the granddaughter with me today.  I took her to town and bought a few inexpensive prizes for them for pesach.  I imagine the parents will kick in with the real presents for their participation at the seder.  I bought clear glue as well as the white kind and a couple of more colors to make more slime.  my granddaughter went home with 4 containers full of slime. the grandson was a bit jealous.  he was too sick to go to school today.  he can make some slime tomorrow afternoon.

I am suffering from a really intense toothache.  I've already taken two pills and it hasn't quieted down.  I might have to get some antibiotic tomorrow.  the dentist wouldn't agree to pull my tooth until I got a letter from the neurosurgeon that it was safe.  the neurologist at the safed hospital vetoed it.  I've been living on borrowed time. this time the plain is unbearable.

I did very little today.  I was too tired when I got up to function.  I had to get to the school by 12:30 p.m. which meant I needed to be on a bus at 11:40 a.m.  I stopped in a furniture shop to price a small sofa.  it was above my means.  it also was material and I think the dog hair would destroy it.  the fake leather one was also too expensive.  I do not know what to do.  I just might have to clean the busted couch and cover it with a nice schemata for pesach.

there is someone selling used furniture in the old city.  perhaps I will call tomorrow and see if he has any two seater couches in his warehouse.  there is a huge furniture store down in the industrial zone.  It is a huge schlepp to get down there and I am not sure they will be able to deliver something right before pesach.  oh well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment