Sunday, March 11, 2018

Countdown To Pesach 2018

it is 8:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  granddaughter is nearly asleep.  grandson is still watching nickelodeon and playing with his stuff.  I'm pretty beat.  the kids ended up sleeping here last night.  the parents were working at the gallery til about 2:00 a.m.  that's about when I finally passed out.  the grandkids were exhausted and both fell asleep at 8:00 p.m. in chairs.  I schlepped out two mattresses and put them both down.

now they want to sleep on the mattresses on the floor for the next three days.  Sephardi grandmother will be chauffeuring them to and from school so I get to work in the house without interruption.  I managed to do the candlesticks this afternoon.  I used toothpaste on the silver and lemons on the brass.  I didn't make myself crazy.  I threw out my old candlestick tray.  I couldn't stand looking at it any longer.  it wasn't silver and I wanted the memory of the friends who gave it to me also gone.  I also threw away cookie shape cutters from the year one.  I never make cookies and I'm tired of taking them out of the closet once a year.  I also tossed some chocolate molds that I never use.  I think my chocolate days are over.  I did keep quite a few that I might use in the future.

I hope to do the kitchen table and chairs tomorrow.  I must take advantage of the sunny weather.  I have one more corner to clean out and then of course, I must tackle the actual kitchen where I cook. that's a pretty hard job.  once I do that I will be free to do the three bedrooms and wash 6 windows.  I need to finish the upstairs because I need to clean the downstairs for paying guests.  I am merely providing 6 beds and 3 rooms.  I will make the beds up.  I'm not sure if I will get to the windows. the downstairs is empty.  I want to finish plastering and do a touch up paint job.  for the few shekels I am asking of my neighbor, I am not all that gung-ho to kill myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment