Friday, March 23, 2018

The Great Shabbat II

it is 2:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I am at my wit's end.  I just schlepped down to the supermarket and up again; several flights of steps; to return.  my reason for this trip was to buy some beer for my son, who is coming back to safed for Shabbat.  I haven't seen him in two weeks.  I took the granddaughter with me because she was 'antsy'.  I ended up buying everything they wanted except for the beer.  the grandson is under the weather and very testy.  he wasn't given a pill this morning.  every corner of the house is cluttered with their junk.  I can't clean anymore.  I can't keep on picking up lego pieces.

I already cooked.  I may a shepherd's pie for dinner and some tilapia fillets.  I have some chumus and an Israeli salad.  we changed our clocks last night.  we set them forward.  this means that Shabbat dinner doesn't start before 8:00 p.m.  it is a drag!  I made a chicken stew for lunch.  it will remain on the platter all night.  it is a bit greasy.  I am very uninspired. I bought some canned corn at the supermarket but didn't buy any salads.  I will go next week and buy the veggies for pesach.

it looks like we will be 8 at the table for pesach. that is if everyone shows up. I wanted to finish the master bedroom but I've run out of steam.  I did clean the master bathroom.  I am losing it.  I didn't sleep last night.  I had a prospective rental and I couldn't rest after that.  at 6:00 a.m. I turned off the television.  I wasn't watching anything.  I just needed that noise to keep me calm.  I feel brain dead today.

No comments:

Post a Comment