Monday, June 12, 2023

Remembering

 it is 11:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  a friend texted me a list of 5 things to do to improve one's brain function and memory.  at our age we tend to stoop a bit , not be so positive and not eat such a healthy diet; and not really, work up a sweat.  it appears that we must get more physical, eat more veggies and green salads and fish, stand up straighter and think positive.  we must write a list of ten ideas that we have everyday. we must do things that makes us happy.  we must affirm every time we are happy.  we must keep our lists.   i am bloggimg and sitting up straight right now.  i am trying to stay positive.  i hope my blog contains at least ten ideas i have.

i didn't go to the pool this morning.  it is quite cool in my home and i dread going into the pool when the water is very cold unless it is an extremely hot day. i truly prefer walking to dog paddling.  when i walk i am alone and get to meditate.  it can prove to be most dangerous; as kids go whizzing by me on their motorized scooters and bikes.  it seems like these vehicles are mostly ridden without the good old fashioned bells. one false move to the right and one could be a gonner.  i guess that is not the most positive thing to think on my daily walk. i guess i will have to change that thought.

i have been using my new toploader washing machine by hoover.  life has become so normalized.  no more bending on my knees to wash things in the bathtub.  no more squeezing out water from towels. no more running to the porch with soaking wet clothes held closely to my stomach in the winter.  no more soaking wet clothing.  how did i go three years without a washing machine? i keep asking myself when did i give up on life?  i get so angry i resort to screaming.  i talk to myself and rant.  i also, unfortunately; rant to all of my friends.  i take 45 minute walks and i lately rant to G-d.  i have been lucky not to have met anyone i know; during one of my rants.

my posture has been awful.  i have been stooped over while i walk.  i have been experiencing back pain lately.  i thought i had strained my back in the pool.  it might be due to the heat wave we have had. and i am one, who finds it difficult to drink enough water.  i used to be a coffee addict but i haven't idulged in any in over ten years.  sddenly one day; the smell of coffee nauseated me.  i used to live near a coffee factory in safed. i tried on various occassions to make a coffee and it all resulted in me pouring them down the drain.  i am now a chai tea person/addict who must have it with sugarless almond milk.

i do not have a lactose intolerance.  i just, cannot stand the smell of milk. this too, happened suddenly. the same thing goes for sugar.  i cannot stand the taste of cane sugar, honey or maple syrup.  i eat a few dates every day and i like my fruit but i cannot stand cakes, cookies or muffins that are sweetened.  i also developed a dislike of products with yeast.  i buy spelt pitas that are sugar, salt and yeast free.  i have become a freak.  i am not gluten free but i do not feel well after eating poofed up bread.  i also have a fear of preservatives.  no E's for me if i can avoid it.  so; will all of these changes in my diet help me preserve my brain function and will i start to remember all of the words for things that i have forgotten recently?. 

No comments:

Post a Comment