Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Going Swimming

 it is 1:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  at 10:00 a.m. there was a group today at the pool so i am waiting for them to file out before i enter. it is pretty hot today.  i did not check the forcast to see how hot it really is.  i ate my huge green salad with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, black olives, scallions and kale and had a banana and blueberry muffin made from chickpea flour.  i added a dallop of rocotta cheese on the salad for protein.  i am trying desparately to get rid of the extra holiday pounds i acquired.  i started eating green, more or less; during covid.  i also started intermittent fasting.  i pretty much, fast for 12 to 14 hours every day. i know its not that much but i do it, regardless.

i try to get my daily 45 minute stroll done when the sun goes down.  i used to walk much faster.  at least, i keep it moving.  i am hopeless at swimming.  i manage to doggie paddle my way in the lane and do about 10 -12 laps.  it takes me forever.  my girlfriend does 40 laps in half the time.  what can i say?  new yorkers were not known for their swimming prowess. i do love to be in the water.  it's good for me to be out of the house for a few hours.  i tend to overeat when i am home.  it doesn't matter that i basically, only eat natural foods; too many calories and little movement only leads to no good.

i weigh myself once a year.  i usually take a random piece of clothing and try it on.  if the waste is loose i know i have lost a bit of weight.  if the waistband is tight , i know that i gained weight and check what i eat.  a friend of mine, weighs herelf every single day.  sometimes more than once.  she remains to be thin and doesn't gain an ounce.  i am not that dedicated.  i do not take stock in numbers.  i am not my dress size nor i am the amount of kilos i carry.  i am a semi- active senior who still can clean her house by herself.  i just threw in 3 loads of laundry .  my house is clean and i am able to keep myself clean.  i am thankful for the strength i do have. ten ears ago i went through treatment for cervical cancer.  they discovered a brain tumor during a routine body scan and more recently, they discovered a tumor in my left lung.  on both counts i am symptom free.

i remain positive most of the time.  i do have my moments. i blog because it helps keep my brain working and helps sharpen my memory.  i find that i forget words and names all the time. i try to stay as organized as possible to help me find things more easily.  like most people, i am always serching for my cell phone.  most of the time it is in my hand. blogging helps me vent. helps me spew out tention.  it gets me to have a monologue and a platform.  it gives me a moment to myself and i have a room all for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment