Thursday, June 29, 2023

Back To Me

it is 9:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  i am getting ready to go to the pool.  they have had large groups of kids every morning this week so we, the older card carrying members; have had to come in the afternoons.  as i start my day at 6:00 a.m.; i am usually tired in the afternoon.  i seem to get my second wind in the late evening.  i have been taking my 45 minute evening strolls at 7:00 p.m.  i have been getting home in the dark.  it has been hard to get my walk done during the heat wave.  i has been too hot during the daytime and too windy in the evening.  i cannot do wind.  i suffered from bells palsey many years ago and i am still quite sensitive to extreme temperatures and the wind is my arch enemy.

i think i had a bit of a stomach bug this week.  i thought it was something i ate on shabbat but i was totally incapacitated on sunday and monday.  i slept during most of the days.  i had the runs and i wasn't up for reading or watching television.  i managed to take the dogs out but i didn't do my dishes, wash my floors or do one bit of laundry.  whatever i ate seemed to go right through me, immediately.  i didn't go near the pool.  we had a heat wave but i felt chilled.  it was not a fun time for me.  on tuesday evening, i forced myself to take a walk.  i felt like i was crawling but i did my 45 minute stroll through my neighborhood.  i went to the pool yesterday for about an hour and a half and i managed to doggie paddle for most of the time.  yesterday was ladies' day.  it was very hot and very crowded.  i had to zig and zag my way through the pool. it was more like roller derby.  i only got kicked, once.

i made buckwheat and whole wheat noodles for supper when i got home.  i have been eating my dinner at around 5:00 p.m.  i can't stand being full later in the evening. i have a fruit around 8:00 p.m. if i am hungry but usually a chai tea with almond milk is enough.  i haven't lost weight this summer.  it is not easy.  i know i eat too much, even though it is all healthy food.  i have been craving icecream and chocolate.  everyone at the pool is gorging on french fries and ice cream bars.  the lifeguards smoke, eat hero sandwiches  and drink energy drinks all day.  i mash up a frozen banana and add a spoon of cocoa powder and make a paste like consistency.  that is my ice cream.  it actually gives me a pick me up and a chocolate fix.  it doesn't have any preservatives and its all healthy.  sometimes, i throw in a hand full of blueberries. 

i seem to wake up every morning with back pain and leg and foot pain.  i think the back pain is from my dog paddling.  i no longer suffer from neck pain.  i have also been experiencing joint pain. i think it might be from eating cherry tomatoes.  i don't eat many nightshades.  i hardly ever have white potatoes and i haven't eaten eggplant in ages.  it is only recently that i have been gorging on these teeny, tiny cherry tomatoes and also eating mini red peppers. they are so firm and sweet.   i must try to eliminate these foods from my diet.  and i must start drinking water.  i tend to forget to drink. it has been really hot here and i seem to go for hours without hydrading.

i finally did the dishes and pots and pans from shabbat.  i mopped the floors and did a couple of loads of laundry.  i guess i am back to me. i had my greek yogurt with oats, walnuts, blueberies and peaches and i had some buckwheat and noodles. is there any reason why i haven't shed any pounds?  it is what it is.  i am addicted to food.  i eat until i can't eat any more.  thank goodness i fast a minimum of twelve hours daily and do some exercize.

No comments:

Post a Comment