Friday, February 22, 2019

Shabbat Shalom

it is 3:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I just finished up washing all of the coffee cups and dishes that were stacked up from the past week.  my dairy sink got blocked up and I had to remove the small accordion shaped plastic pipe and clean it out.  I was lucky that it was not all that big a deal.  I thought at first that I would need to call the repairman.  I did a real sponger using several buckets of soapy water this morning and the floor is still wet.  it was trashed with dog pee, hair, muddy paw prints and backed up sewer water, as well as safed red dirt. 

I don't know if the kids are stopping here to shower before Shabbat.  I am going out for dinner to the Sephardi sister's home.  it is about a 20 minute hike from here.  I am not exactly sure where they live.  it kept me up last night and prevented me from sleeping.  I was also so cold.  I couldn't get warmed up even with a heater right next to my bed.  I ran out at 2:00 p.m. to the local bakery to buy some spelt rolls and something to bring this evening.  I thought about making a cheesecake but I didn't make it out to the supermarket to buy the ingredients.

I bought a yeast cheese log and some chocolate covered hamentashem. I went to the 24 hr. store next to the bakery and got some chocolate eggs with toys inside, some gum and two stuffed animals for the grandkids.  I have some tiny play mobile kits that I bought last week, but it didn't seem like enough. who even knows if I will get the chance to see them before Shabbat?  I threw two chicken bottoms into a pan with string beans and some tomato paste.  that will be my lunch tomorrow if I don't make it over to my friends.

it has gotten cold in the house.  I have 3 heaters on and I'm freezing. I threw all of my damp towels into the washing machine and then hung them outside.  I think it might rain so I will have to go downstairs and fetch them.  I don't know where I will put them but I don't think they should stay out  in the rain.  I can't wait for the winter to finally end.  I just got my water bill.  it was only 100 shekels.  when the kids were here it was more like 600 shekels or more every time.  my electric bill is going to be a doozy.  I decided to heat this winter and I know it will cost me dearly, but I deserve it.

5:00 p.m.:  kids just came and left.  they loved their treats and toys.  I have to walk there now because I wasn't ready to leave with them.  oh well........

No comments:

Post a Comment