Friday, May 15, 2015

Here We Go Again Spring 2015

it is 11:00 a.m. in the holy city of zefat.   I got up at 7:00a.m. and discovered dog feces and pish all over the house.   the guest dog must have had a midnight snack and relieved herself all over the kitchen, t.v. room and hallway.  I went onto 'sponger' mode and washed the house for the umpteenth time this week.  the puppy pees everywhere but it's a small amount to clean.  the guest dog, although small in stature, defecates like a pony.  I had my work cut out for me.

I started to cook for Shabbat.  I made a chicken stir fry and then got on the phone with a gal pal in Jerusalem for about an hour.  I still have the chicken meatballs to cook up and I might make some fried chicken fingers, too.  I was planning on making a potato kugel but I might just opt out for a potato mash and couscous.  I am not feeling very creative.  I am tired from having the kids all week long.  I have to pick up my grandson which means I have to get dressed and schlepp all the way down to his gan and back later today.

I have been wanting to go up to the third floor apartment to check out the porch area.  I wanted to water the plants upstairs, too.  I saw some pigeon poo a couple of weeks ago.  I wasn't prepared for what I found.  the puppy and the pincher were already upstairs.  I saw poop all over the  wooden floor.  I assumed it was the work of the puppy.  I then saw a large pigeon flapping its wings and before I could blink, the pincher had it caught in its mouth.  I tried to grab it out of the dog's mouth but I ended up yanking off a wing.

I got the rest of the bird out of the dog's mouth without getting bitten.  I carried its bleeding carcass down the stairs and out of the house.  I threw it over the gate aiming for the garden and miraculously, it flew away.  zelda to the rescue!  I went back upstairs to check out the mess and discovered that the bird had nested on top of the kitchen shelf onto my two burner stove.  I found all the twigs and 2 warm pigeon eggs.  I disposed of the eggs but didn't have the energy to tackle the clean up.  the mini fridge is covered in pigeon poo.  i'll try to ago upstairs on Sunday.  just when you think it's pigeon free, you get another round of pests.  I did find an open window so hopefully, this will be the end of this story.

I cancelled my gyn/oncologist appointment for Tuesday.  I was pressured to get the paper work done and it was raining hard on Wednesday so I didn't go out.  I went to the doctor on Monday and got the referral.  the office was closed so I couldn't send it out for a voucher.  I didn't want to schlepp to town.  it was hot.  what is the purpose of having a clinic up here in the neighborhood if the office isn't open in the morning? 

I did not want to return to the clinic that evening.  I had to deal with the kids and I was pretty disgusted with my health carrier.  so now I have a few weeks to get my diet and my paperwork in order.  good luck with the holiday of Shavuot coming up.  I mean give me a break! it's like a mitzvah to eat cheesecake.  I still don't know what the kids are planning to do for Shavuot.  I don't dare plan ahead because the kids are always telling me something contrary at the last minute.  I would love to get out of making Shabbat meals next week.  I don't mind being alone for Shavuot, either.

last year I slept out and spent Shavuot with the clan.  the two dogs survived rather nicely.  this year I have 4 dogs here and couldn't think of leaving them all alone over night.  I already bought lady fingers to make a 'tiramisu.'  if the kids decide to go to the clan for Shavuot I can always serve it on Shabbat.  we'll just have to wait it out.  I do want to shop on Sunday for cheeses, downtown.  maybe i'll be alone and treat myself to a cheese and fruit platter.  the kids are expecting lasagna.  I'd rather not bother making one this year.  I was thinking of buying a package of ravioli.

No comments:

Post a Comment