Monday, May 18, 2020

Like A Hat Wave

it is 7:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  it is 93 degrees and rising.  it is deadly.  people my age have been warned to stay inside.  sound familiar???  i am exhausted.  the house is really hot.  i have an overhead fan going on in the television alcove.   it keeps me alive.  i find that i am passing out a lot.  i wake up during the day in the middle of a movie or series.  i took the dogs out at 6:00 a.m. and thankfully, there was a cool breeze.  i walked over to the nearby supermarket and bought some salmon fillets and a bunch of fruit.

by the time i got home, around 7:00 a.m.; it was already really hot.  i took the dogs out at 4:00 p.m. and they looked really overheated.  we didn't go very far.  last night, my neighbor drove me to the bank.  i wanted to check the balance.  i cannot venture out in this heat.  it was very nice last night at 8:00 p.m.   i was craving strawberries today, but there were none at the supermarket.  i have been trying to watch the calories.  i think i put on a bit of weight lately.

i am drinking a bit of water.  there really isn't anything that calls out to me to eat.  i made a matzah fry for lunch and i had a yogurt and fruit for breakfast.  i just had a couple of non gluten corn crackers with some peanut butter.  i had an early supper of canned tuna, spinach leaves and sliced beets.  i think it is too hot to eat any more tonight.  i will keep drinking.  i feel like a real shmatta.

i have been watching a lot of television and documentaries.  i binge watched the fifth season of 'power' and i saw 'film stars don't die in liverpool'.  that got me watching Gloria Grahame movies and television appearances.   what a wasted life, i lead.  i had a long chat with a friend this morning.  i haven't heard from her in months.  i was covered in sweat after the phone call.  my legs hurt and i'm very uncomfortable.  this is a double whammy; pandemic and heat wave.

safed is pretty virus free.  it's really a mountain village more than a real city.  i haven't seen any preschoolers or kindergarten children on the block.  i take the dogs out at 6:00 a.m. usually and i'm back at home until early evening.  i was thinking about going to get my mail but it is still too hot.  i might head out at around 9:00 p.m. with the dogs.  they are crashed on the cool tile floors.  they are pretty wiped out.  i know they want people food but i am not into doing any more cooking tonight.  they had portions of my matzah fry before.

i should get myself up and showered.  i feel really awful.  i don't have many summer clothes.  I've been wearing the same light weight jeans jumper for days.  i think a cold shower will pick me up.  my head has been throbbing for a couple of hours.  i am in the middle of reading 'eat, pray, love.  it did take me a while to really get into it.  i like her writing style.  it reminds me of my blog.  i never saw the movie.'  i tried to read 'olive Kittredge' after i saw the series recently; but the print was just too small.  i feel like i am not contributing to world humanity or society.  i feel like a sloth.  once it cools down a bit i will get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment