Sunday, March 29, 2020

What's For Supper?

It is 5:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  i think i'm on the mend.  i have been resting all day and slept a bit in the afternoon.  i drank plenty of hot liquids; something i never do.  i usually make tea and it sits somewhere and by the time i drink it, it is like warm or even,cold.  i have been chomping away on raw ginger.  it really brings the heat.  my throat feels a bit calmer.  i was thinking about breaking open the honey, but i have managed without sugar for nearly a year now and i will try do mend without it.  i, once again, threw in a package of frozen chicken wings into my large pot but this time i added more water, sweet potatoes, an onion, a carrot and an entire package of celery.  i even made packaged couscous, the yellow kind.  it is simply the best.  i was craving a hot meal. 

i stayed inside today and hardly spoke to anyone.  i did end up having a short schmooze session with my gardener.  and i spoke with my best friend for just a moment.  i definitely believe that we are meant to be quiet right now.  my nose is slightly runny and i will continue this regimen for a couple of more days.  i have time to finish the house for pesach; i hope.  i can't wait to have my couscous and chicken wings dinner.  i munched on fruit and ric ecakes and peanut butter all day.  i am hungry now.  i couldn't face opening yet, another can of tuna. i let the dogs out a little while ago.  they came in right away.  i think they are also looking forward to a hot meal.

if i am feeling better tomorrow, i might just call a taxi to pick me up and take me to the local supermarket and wait until i'm done shopping.  that just might be my last excursion out until after pesach.

stay well and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment