Thursday, March 26, 2020

Happy Camper

it is 4:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  i took it easy today.  my house looks like it was hit by a cyclone.  fortunately, most of the laundered sheets have dried and been put away.  it looks like rain but it is not freezing yet.  i invited the in-laws to stay in my guest apartment for the duration of the virus.  the Sephardi grandparents, both ten years younger than myself, need to move.  the grandfather is no longer able to do the steep staircase after suffering a stroke before purim.  the rehabilitation centers are closing.  their apartment took a beating from the rain this year and is covered with mold.  the logical conclusion was for them to come here.

the two young daughters came earlier and in just a couple of hours, the downstairs and roof top apartments were transformed.  they were scrubbed, bleached and spring cleaned to the max.  they were aired out and smell wonderful.  they even hung up curtains.  i could not have done this by myself.  i was planning on locking the apartments for pesach.  i pride myself as a polish cleaning woman and have been known to overdo on pesach.  i just don't got it in me anymore.  i have been finding that the more chemicals i use, the worse i feel.  the more my nose runs; the more my throat gets scratchy. i am using most of my energy staying healthy.

the restrictions here are getting tougher.  we are not allowed to venture out more than a city block.  i need to walk further than that for the dogs to do their thing and t get to the supermarket.  i doubt that the police in safed will be cruising for violators.  i will stay put for Shabbat.  i went to see my friend on the next block.  i only stayed for about 20 minutes.  i ate some nuts and drank a cup of hot tea.  i usually drink it lukewarm.  another friend in town, went to the pet food store and bought me a bag of pesach dog chow.  she sent it up to me by cab.  i guess i have no reason to go out for awhile.  i will walk the dogs a little later.

i will, hopefully, get the house straightened out for Shabbat.  i have another week to finish the cleaning.  i will try and get into the cooking out cove on sunday.  i think that i am pretty well fixed for food.  i might just cook up a package of hotdogs for me and the dogs for dinner.  i'm about ready to call it a day.  it is getting cold.  time to heat the house.  oh well, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment