Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Getting Crazy

it is 8:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I just got back from the neighborhood supermarket.  I went to see if they had Tofutti 'cream cheese'.  I decided to make a dairy free cheesecake for my manager's son, who has an intolerance todairy.  I found the Tofutti and it was on sale.  unfortunately, I didn't buy enough.  I think I need two packages.  I wonder if I can substitute soy yogurt for the second package.  the kid drinks soy milk and I guess, he's used to it.  I read reviews of the recipe and they weren't so good.  I think i'll go back in the morning and get another Tofutti and buy some soy yogurts to make it extra creamy.

I know that I am going a bit crazy for Shavuot but I do love the challenge of vegan baking and cooking.  I can also buy a prepared graham cracker crust.  I guess I can make one myself using  cookies and coconut oil.  I am having a hamburger and some cauliflower for dinner.  I had a couple of eggs for breakfast and a bit of salad at he yeshiva. I'm not really all that hungry.  I thought about having a can of tuna but I was all out.  I stopped off at my friends' house and they offered me a huge piece of lamb.  I really wasn't in the mood for greasy lamb.

I wanted to do laundry this morning but I was out of laundry detergent.  I did one small load and then I remembered that I had liquid gel in the kitchen upstairs.  I always have some on hand when my granddaughter comes to visit.  she loves to make slime with it.  maybe i'll catch up with the sheets tomorrow.  I had thought about travelling to see the kids for Shabbat but it is pretty hot, once again.  I think I will stay  put.  I don't have to work on Thursday.  it is an out Shabbat.  my friend wants to make a little day trip to the neighboring town of Rosh Pina.  there is a Japanese chain restaurant that I really like. we could share a salmon dinner.  that's what I would go for.

I would also like to check out the health food supermarket there.  depending on how hot it is, we will make plans.  I went to work a bit earlier today and was less rushed and a bit more inspired.  I made baked potatoes with mushroom sauce, Israeli salad, super hot corn salad, tahini, egg salad, spicy chickpeas, and tuna salad.  I think they liked today's lunch.  they were held captive by one of the rav's of the yeshiva and got to lunch nearly an hour late.  I thought that they had fled the coop.  I made a huge turkey loaf for supper with rice and green lentils.  I hope they didn't leave it on the electric hot plate all evening.  I threw out three dried out platters of food on Monday.  i'm  afraid it might have to be pasta again tomorrow.  I ran out of potatoes.

I trimmed my dog's hair yesterday.  he was really suffering from the heat.  I wanted to have him shaven professionally but I didn't really know of one near by.  not having a car is a bit limiting.  he sat on my lap very quietly and lovingly while I trimmed his hair.  I think he truly enjoyed our together time.  I did a much better job than last time.  he looks normal and not mangy.  I guess those hair cutting lessons, I took many years ago, finally paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment