Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Midnight

it is 12:00 a.m.in the holy city of zefat.  my son came home a little while ago and helped me fix the arm  of my dining room chair.   he had a couple of beers in him and this was not an example of his finest work.  the screw was not placed correctly and is jutting out.  we can't get the screw out at this point and my son's attitude is that the chairs are old so they don't count.  they are old.  this is my fifteenth year in the house and we bought them second hand.  I try to keep things taken care of because I don't know when i'll have money to buy new furniture in the future.

my son says that I cannot throw things out.  I beg to differ with him.  I threw out an aluminum folding card table this week that had to have been over 50 years old.  and today I threw out a china serving dish because the handle had been glued on, that must have been over 100 years old.  I also threw out an antique wooden decorative table and an antique dining room table and two of its chairs.

I was given the day off from child care so I got some things done.  I managed to clean the living room, do two loads of laundry and wash the dining room chairs.  I still have two bedrooms to clean and the t.v room.  I found bloody feathers under the dining room table.  apparently, cloey the pincher,  ate a bird yesterday.  a little while ago she entered the house with a roll.

everyone throws out their bread before pesach and my dogs bring it all home.  I have the morning to myself tomorrow.  hopefully i'll get a lot accomplished.  I usually kill myself the day before pesach and  end up cleaning until the wee hours of the morning.  I think I have a good chance of finishing up at a decent hour.   I may go into town tomorrow.  I must check out the bank account and make sure that I'm not overdrawn again.  I would love to buy new slip covers for the chairs and couches but I don't think that I will be able to financially swing it.  right now I have some pillows soaking in the bath tub. 

I must get to the clinic and sort out my medical papers.  I would love to put off the gyn appointment for a while.  we'll see what I can do.  I need to get a  tick and flee collar for tiny, the large dog.  I also need to buy lettuce and celery for the Seder.  I hate to lose momentum by going to town.  I woke up early today and started to clean straight away.  I finally stopped at 7:30 p.m.  I was wasted.   I can hardly walk.  my back is all scrunched up. 

I am very hungry but there really isn't anything to eat.  and anyway, I don't eat after 7:30 p.m.  I  had eggs, bananas,  melon and 4 granola bars today.  and yet, I'm still hungry.  I put the kids to sleep at 10:00 p.m. and took the lolly pop out of my granddaughters hand and ate it.  it was actually tasty.  haven't had a lolly pop in many years.   I am very tired sand very hungry so I think i'll go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment