Friday, June 5, 2015

Had Enough

it is 2:00 p.m. in the holy city of zefat.  I've had the kids since 12:30 p.m. and I can't take it any more.  I am on call every second bringing snacks and drinks and wiping tushies.   I'm their personal slave.  cleaning up after the puppy is also wearing me out.  having 4 dogs is turning my house into a kennel.

I sent a photo to the town's vet.  he tries to find homes for the strays.  I didn't hear from him so I will have to just bring the puppy do the pound.  it is not an easy feat.  it's located on the outskirts of town.  I don't even know if a taxi knows where it is.  I will call the vet again.  I will ask for someone to pick up the dog.

I am so very tired.  I went to tel hashomer on tuesday for my oncologist appointment.  I left in a taxi at 6:00 a.m. and got there about 8:45a.m.  I was finished by 9:45 a.m.  I did get a good report.  I caught a bus back to tel aviv.  I was at the central train station but I decided not to take one back.  that entails getting off at acco.  I hate the bus ride back from acco.  it takes forever.  I waited for a while until a bus came to rosh pina.  from there I took a local bus and was in my house at 2:00 p.m.

I haven't really recovered from all of the travelling.  I think it is more that I didn't sleep at all the night before.  I was so worried that I wouldn't wake up in time.  one of these days I must invest in an alarm clock.  I probably would worry just as much that it would malfunction and not ring at all.

 I made a mini pool day for the kids on Wednesday.  we were having water fights.  my grandson turned violent and threw a bucket on my hand.  he followed up by hitting me three times on my hand and arm with a wooden broom handle.  I thought my hand was sprained.  his parents said that I am too wild with him.  they said that he thought it was part of the game.  he was mad at me because I dowsed him with water when he wasn't looking.  he attacked me when I tried to drain the pool.

 yesterday I had them inside.  no more pool dates for a while.  I made cheese toasts and gave out lots of treats.  I did take them out at 6:00 p.m. to the local synagogue for a celebratory dinner for a new sefer torah.  we didn't hear any music or see any signs of a celebration when we got to the shul.  we went to the local kid's parks where they played happily until 7:30 p.m.

 It was getting cold but the kids wanted to stay out.  finally around 8:00 p.m. we heard the music.  we ran a few blocks up and caught the procession.  we followed it back to the shul.  I didn't stay for the meal.  it was 8:30 p.m. and time for the kids to shower and go to sleep.  I filled little bags with nuts, cookies and candies to bring home and brought a plate of goodies for my daughter-in-law, too.  I helped put them to sleep.

 I am super out of it today.  I've only done a bit of cooking.  I made a pot of chicken and turkey balls.  I also made a marble loaf cake.  that's all I've managed to do.  I did stay on the phone with a friend for about 1 1/2 hours.  I washed all the floors with bleach and bailed out a backed up toilet with a wash cup.  I feel like taking a nap.  Shabbat doesn't start until around 8:00 p.m.

I defrosted the beef that I cooked for Shavuot.  I was thinking about making fried chicken wings but I don't have the energy to do anything right now.  I guess I should just get up and put up the fish.  oh well........

No comments:

Post a Comment