Friday, June 12, 2020

We Can Walk It Out

it is nearly candle lighting in the holy city of safed.  i just got back from taking a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood.  i was supposed to meet my walking buddy/ girl friend in the morning but i was trashed from travelling yesterday.  i took the dogs out at 6:00 a.m. and i went down to the small supermarket to buy bananas.  my legs felt unsteady.  i waited for my neighbor to finish her shopping and she drove me home.  i did very little today.  i defrosted the chicken that i had made for Shabbat, last week. 

i sat yesterday for 6 hours straight and didn't get to move my legs.  i didn't  drink any water because i kept my mask on the entire time.  i also, didn't want to have to stop at a bus rest stop and use their bathroom.  it hit me today.  my legs and back were aching all day long.  i finally got myself back outside and did a walk to work out the pain.  i feel much better now.  i will take a hot shower and light my Shabbat candles.

i cooked a bit of rice, grated some beets and made a lettuce salad.  i have chumus that i made this week.  i didn't have tahini so it is not my best culinary creation.  Jamie Oliver said that you could substitute peanut butter for the  tahini but i wasn't feeling so adventurous.  i was invited to join the Sephardi family downstairs tonight but i am way too tired to be civil.  i will make Kiddush and eat quickly and call it a day.  i'm beat.

i made banana muffins.  i forgot to buy rolled oats at the supermarket.  i had a package or two of ground almonds so i used some with a cup of the remainder of the ground oat flour.  they are very nice,non gluten but small.  the texture is softer than when i use only oat flour but i am satisfied and glad to have something sweet and healthy to have with my morning tea.

i got a good report from the oncologist.  that will keep me for another year.  i need to make an appointment to do a brain scan soon and then go see the neurosurgeon.  i'm sure that will take a while to do.  luckily, i don't need to see the lung surgeon until next February.  wouldn't it be so lovely if the Messiah came right now and we were all instantly cured of all of our inflictions and burdens.  wishing everyone a good Shabbos and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment