Thursday, June 18, 2020

New Format

it is 3:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  i haven't posted lately because i was afraid to try the new blogger format.  i hate myself for being so feeble.  i used to be adventurous.  i hate this digital new world.  i know that it does make life easier but i try to resist it as long as i can.  it does make for more more problems.  i was supposed to have gone to the electronic store to get a sim card put in my smart phone.  i have resisted going, too.  i actually charged the phone and i just might go this afternoon.

i just tried looking for the contacts list on my gmail account and of course, i couldn't find it.  what is wrong with me?  i feel like such a loser.  i know that the guy at the electronic phone could copy all of my contacts into the smart phone and i would be able to use the whats app application, once in for all.  i am spending tons of money on a land phone and it doesn't make any sense because hardly anyone calls me on it..  the phone company that i pay a small ransom doesn't even call me on it.  everyone wants SMS numbers.

the hospital in the tel aviv area will call my son in jerusalem, rather than call my home in safed.  i couldn't even get an appointment to speak to a bank clerk the other day.  apparently, you can only do it on a smart phone.  i am so sick of this new technology.  my friend loves it and is totally caught up on the smart phone.  i want to go over to her house one day so she can show me how to use it.  i'm not even sure what i should ask the man at the electronic store to even put on my phone.  do i really need internet???  i don't even have a face book account.

i know i should have one so i can see pix of my family.  no one is really staying in touch with me anymore.  this way i could at least see pictures of my family's children.  i feel so isolated.  my kids were here on monday.  the entire sephardi clan came to safed for their mothers' birthday.  they made a surprise party.  they make one every year.  the sephardi mom didn't think that all the kids would come in this time because of the rona.  the only one missing was the son who is in the army.

i spent most of the evening and the next day downstairs.  the sephardi mom made lunch for us.  we had a hearty meal of roasted potatoes, spaghetti and leftover barbecued wings, kabobs and steak.  i ate a ton of food.  i even had a steak later that night.  my stomach was ruined.  i fasted for many hours the next day.  i haven't stopped over eating since.  i am still not eating junk food or sing sugar but i have been over doing everything.

i seem to have lost my balance.  i couldn't move yesterday.  i was completely wiped out.  i did practically nothing while the kids were here.  i didn't even make them a cup of tea.  oh yes, i did make the granddaughter some scrambled eggs and i put some waffles in the toaster oven for my grandson.  however; i remained sitting for most of the time.  and yet i was too tired to take a walk yesterday.  this morning i did a 50 minute walk around the neighborhood at 8:00 a.m.  

it is hot outside but i think i should go to town.  i will see if i can walk there.  if it is too hot i will go on a bus.  i need to pay my electric bill.  i should really go today but i am not sure i have enough money to pay the bill right now.  part of me doesn't want to move anymore.  i might just take the dogs out for a stroll.  they don't really look like they want to leave the house, either.  i have become so passive.

No comments:

Post a Comment