Saturday, February 15, 2020

So Very Tired

it is 8:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  i took the dogs out at 7:00 a.m.  i haven't had my morning tea yet.  i am addicted to chai and now, I'm mad about Bengal tea by celestial seasonings.  i bought a slew of these teas last month and lost them during a storm; on the way to work.  i ordered more from two different health food stores.  i went to one sore on Thursday and bought 8 boxes.  now, the other store called to tell me the new shipment came in.  i seem to need to use two chai bags in every cup of tea, i make.  i also need my almond milk to put in tea.  i started using rice milk with almonds.  it is more difficult to find the sugarless almond milk here.  i got the grandkids hooked on the chai, too.  the black tea isn't, probably, the best thing for them.

the last couple of weeks have been pretty intense here.  there was a terrorist attack at my son's place of work in Jerusalem.  it happened at 2:00 a.m. so he was already at home.  someone plowed into a crowd of 14 soldiers with his car.  one soldier is fighting for his life.  the others made it to their swearing in ceremony at the kotel, later that day.  this happened, apparently, in the parking lot behind my son's gallery.  i have been there in recent times, on several occasions.  one must understand that these soldiers are merely, kids.

my daughter-in-law's father had a minor stroke.  i went to the hospital each evening that week, to visit and bring soup to his wife.  i knew, very well, that she wasn't eating.  he is currently in rehab in another town.  his wife is by his side but has the support system of her family in that town. my brand new grandson underwent hernia surgery.  i was there for a couple of days to help out with the older kids.  i came back from Jerusalem and went straight to work. i wanted to go back for Shabbat but honestly, i was too tired to make another trip.  the weather has been freezing and storming for weeks.  we have had a miraculous amount of rain.  i have been navigating in this weather all winter long and it has been rough.

i have been watching a lot of movies, lately.  i never used to have the patience and concentration span to follow a plot for so long.  I've seen a few foreign films lately but it was quite challenging reading Hebrew subtitles.  thank goodness for google.  i was not surprised that "parasite" won.  it was truly an amazing movie.  i loved "joker" and want to view it again.  "pain and glory" was also glorious.  i saw a greek film from 2017, "what if" and it was wonderful but i was very unsure of what was being said.

i am doing well with my intermittent fasting and have lost nearly 20 pounds.  i feel so much better about myself.  my stomach is more or less flat and i can fit into my clothes again.  i am still not back to size 10 but some 12's are too large.  i haven't been successful in clothes shopping but i did acquire some nice things from my friend, who has lost nearly 30 pounds.  i haven't weighed myself lately but i am not fixated on any particular number.  i actually tossed out my fat clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment