Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Still Getting It Together

it is 10:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I got the dogs walked at 6:00 a.m. right now they are lounging in the sun outside in the yard.  tiny is still secured on a cable.  I'm sure that they are wanting some people food but I will wait to feed them when I return from work.  they can always have dog kibble if they are hungry.  I started tackling a huge pile of papers on my kitchen table.  I sorted out the paid bills and doctor's reports.  I paid the water bill online.  that was a small accomplishment.  I needed to go to the family doctor last week to get the paper work done for my upcoming lung CT in December. 

apparently, enemy missiles are being fired on tel aviv; as well as other southern regions.  I guess I can always reschedule the CT.  I will wait in the meantime to see how this plays out.  I went through my medical folder and weeded out the numerous referral forms.  I also chucked a folder of my parent's Aliyah papers. it was a bit difficult but they have both been gone for over ten years.  I think less is more these days.  I used to save all of my paid bills but I started throwing them out,too. my recent mantra is "throw it out". I found an old picture of myself in Hebrew school back in the 60's. I guess.  it is amazing how I always thought that I was a chubby teen.  I have always hated my 'fat' arms, too.  looking at the picture, I realize, that I was quite trim and that my arms were actually, slender.  so much for body imaging.

my 'cholent' remade into barley soup; turned out to be a big success.  yesterday I made a couscous soup but because we didn't have any couscous on board; I blended it and called it pumpkin orange soup.  I think that I was dehydrated yesterday.  I felt quite awful when I finally got myself out of bed. I was feeling dizzy for a few days and after I took the dogs for their run; I collapsed back into bed.  I felt fluish again.  I don't know how I made it to work.  I had to take the dog to the vet to check on her recovery from being neutered.  I spent about $25 in taxis.  I left work at 6:00 p.m. and taxied back home to get the puppy.  it was cold and very windy.  I couldn't deal with waiting for the busses.  and of course, i wanted to catch my Australian cooking contest.

i taxied it home to pick up the puppy and went straight to the clinic.  it was pretty cool outside and very windy.  I was nervous about taking the puppy on a bus.  she can be a handful. she started chasing cats the other day and now yipes and barks at other dogs. she still gets into the bathroom and runs off with multiple rolls of toilet paper.  she loves to shred them.  i am constantly retrieving  half rolls.  I truly adore this puppy.  my 4 year old, tiny the medium sized dog, has regressed and jumps onto my lap like a puppy.  the real puppy is catching on about toilet training,now.

i am still making my fruit shakes with frozen fruits and enjoying my homemade almond flour banana muffins in the morning. also,  i am still doing the intermittent fasting regimen.  i finish all food consumption at about 7:30 p.m. i haven't lost a lot of weight but my clothes are definitely looser.  the waistbands of my skirts are also looser and my stomach no longer looks like a basketball.  i don't look pregnant anymore.  I am aiming to hit the hardware store this morning and buy a new shower spray.  who knows? i might just achieve this.  baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment