Friday, November 8, 2019

Almost Shabbat 2019

it is 3:00 p.m. in the holy city of Shabbat.  teeny the puppy, joined us for our evening walk last night.  she seems much better after her surgery.  she finally pooped, too.  I hand fed her banana and made organic oatmeal with frozen raspberries this morning.  she also had some of my salmon fillet.  tiny the dog is lying outside in the yard on a long cable.  he is no longer allowed to run free and chase cats and children and other innocent pedestrians.  it took me awhile to get it.

I made two salmon fillets for Shabbat but I ate most of it.  I am finishing up a bean and meat stew for tonight.  it was supposed to be a cholent and stand on the electric platter all night ; but I decided to have some for Shabbat evening.  I didn't have any barley or potatoes to make it authentic cholent so it is now a bean and beef stew.  I used a packet of dehydrated fried onions.  I didn't have any veggies to add.  I ran down to the supermarket to buy bananas and frozen fruits to make my smoothies and didn't really think about veggies.  I bought a few packets of minced almonds and ground them into a flour and made banana muffins.

it was very hot this morning.  I quickly washed down the hallway where teeny has been relieving herself.  I was pretty tired today.  I cooked for nearly seven hours yesterday.  I made falafel balls, salads and french fries for lunch.  I used up two bottles of oil.  I made boiled eggs and cut veggies for their breakfast today and left some tahini.  I  made turkey burgers, rice and carrot kugel for their supper. I made a huge oriental cold pasta salad for their lunch today and I made eggplant salad, pickled beets, quinoa and beef stew for their Shabbat lunch.  on my way out of the kitchen, I quickly mashed up two industrial sized cans of tuna with a lot of mayonnaise.  it took me about an hour to clean up the kitchen.  I cabbed it home and was able to catch my Australian cooking contest on television.  I passed out shortly after I walked the dogs around 8:00 p.m. 

I need to watch my stew now.  it is almost done.  I mistakenly added hot paprika instead of the sweet paprika and I think it will be too spicy for the dogs. I burnt the rice and I burnt the string beans and I also burnt the pot of water with lemon salt; that I left on the fire to loosen the burnt remains.  I sometimes  think that I may have early onset dementia.  I got off the phone with my friend and I smelled a chemical like smell.  I also noticed that the house was a grayish color.  I thought that we might be under a chemical attack when I realized it was coming from my kitchen.  I quickly opened up all of the windows to air the house out. oh well.... all is well. I didn't burn the house down today.  Shabbat shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment