Monday, November 11, 2019

Getting It Together

it is 11:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I have the local repair guy downstairs fixing my toilet.  I also have a leak in my master bedroom's bathroom sink.  it's never ending when you own a house.  I was able to catch up on some laundry while I waited for him to come.  I even did my dishes.  I guess I am feeling a tad better today.  I need to get to work soon.  I think it will be chili hot dogs and rice for lunch.  I will probably make a pea soup for supper with some kind of kugel. 

yesterday, I took some left over Shabbat stew and turned it into a barley soup by adding some fresh vegetables and a lot of liquid.  I wonder if the guys caught on.  I also made them a bread pudding which I call 'challah kugel'.  one of the guys had a birthday so I baked a white cake with chocolate frosting.  it didn't turn out the best but yeshiva guys aren't so fussy. I smeared a bunch of chocolate spread and some strawberry jelly on top. Israeli's use this chocolate spread to make their children sandwiches for school. I have primarily, used it for cakes. back in the day, when my son was in school; I probably gave him tuna or peanut butter sandwiches.

I was pretty health conscious back then.  that is, before I got sick.  after I underwent chemotherapy and radiation, I could not eat anything healthy. I couldn't stomach organic green tea nor could I look at whole wheat bread.  I actually, became addicted to coca cola for awhile.  I never drink soda or carbonated drinks.  I was a soda junkie for several months.  I had to literally, detox from soda. I am ashamed to say, that I am not that health conscious with the grandkids.  if they want chocolate spread on bread, that's what I give them.

it is a beautiful day.  the sun is out and it is vey cool.  I took the dogs out at 6:00 a.m.  that is a pretty safe time to not run into any loose dogs.  I do say a silent prayer each time I take them; not to run into any large or vicious dogs. teeny, the puppy, loves dogs.  she actually got free and chased a cat up the stairs, yesterday.  I was so happy to finally have a dog that didn't hate cats, but no such luck. my dogs are cat haters.  there, I said it.

I have been catching snippets of 'the view' lately.  those ladies are real witches.  they are so self righteous but they are truly evil. my new thing is to comment on YouTube.  it is my passion these days.  I sometimes get answers.  talk about your validation!  I have to find a moment to buy a new hand spray for my shower.  last week we had a water 'break' and when I came home, each bathroom was slightly flooded.  the shower spray in the master bedroom flew off and broke from the pressure when the water was turned back on. it is always something.  I have several, little, annoying repair jobs to do.

the repair guy seems to be struggling with the bathroom sink leak.  it is pretty clogged up.  he usually solves the problem, eventually; bless him.  I think I will have to pay him with a 'head' check.  I think my account is running low this month.  he is pretty compliant with the payments.  I will receive my salary in a couple of weeks so all is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment