Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Tuesday, My Good News Day

it is 8:30 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  we had a break from the rain today.  we had a warm and sunny day.  I think the rain will start up again on Thursday.  I very much need to catch up on some laundry tomorrow morning.  the head Rabbi of the Brezlov community in safed died yesterday. it was very sad.  my son was in the brezlov day school for about five years.  I always found the community to be steller.  I walked down to the cemetery from work which was about a twenty minute hike.  I missed the funeral because I had to prepare lunch for the yeshiva.  I got to the cemetery moments after the Rabbi was buried.  I decided to visit the graves of my parents.  I climbed down several sets of steps and actually fell down one landing of about 5 metal steps.  I rather, bounced down five steps, banging my shoulders, elbows and buttocks.  I was quite stunned but I managed to get myself back up right away. 

I am pretty sore today.  I had a 'moment' today while I was cooking, which might have been the beginning of a seizure.  it was an episode, for sure. I saw red fluids while I was stirring the kasha. it lasted for a few moments and was quite scary.  I am very tired and worn out.  I woke up as usual, at 7:00 a.m. to let the dog out.  I decided to lie down for a bit.  I woke up at 11:00 a.m.  I was pretty surprised that it was so late.

I met a good friend who was visiting from New York after work.  we went out to a restaurant to chat.  I had some sort of a latte drink.  it tasted like a glass of warm whipped cream.  I had an awful tooth ache and couldn't really eat anything.  it was wonderful to touch bases with my friend. I didn't get home until 10:00 p.m.  I never go out at night.  it was a nice finish to a very dismal and sad day.  I had an emotional time at my parents' grave sites.  I thought I would meet my sister there but our paths didn't cross.  I did run into a couple of her friends.

I may not have to cook tomorrow.  I welcome a day off.  I was thinking about going to Jerusalem for Shabbat, but I think i'll just stay closer to home. that incident at work made be very nervous.  I pretty much know that if I do the brain surgery, it will take me forever, to recover and I will probably not return to work. I will just wait and see what happens.  I dread being alone again for Shabbat.  perhaps. I will invite a friend to stay over.  we will see.

 I met someone, whom I dated a few years ago at the yeshiva.  he seemed worse for the wear and tear.  I promised to meet with him tomorrow to help sort out his medical papers.  I have aged and I have put on a bunch of weight but I think I am in far better shape.  oh well.....it's an act of charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment