Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wednesday Evening

it is 6:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I just got home from work. I only worked for four hours.  it is cold but semi dry.  I left some laundry outside.  I hope it isn't still wet.  I stopped off at the pharmacy to get eye drops.  my right eye is irritated and not fully open.  it is a weakened muscle from when I had bells palsy about 10 years ago.  I met with my former date this morning and spent two hours organizing his medical papers.  basically, I was trying to sort them out by date.  the rest is up to him.

I only had about 8 guys for lunch so I scrambled a bunch of eggs, cooked two bags of pasta and added tuna, made a corn salad with a bit of chili and put out the leftover cole slaw from last night's supper.  voila! lunch was made.  supper took a bit more effort.  I had to make two batches of food because the rest of the yeshiva is retuning late tonight from a trip to Jerusalem.  I made a huge turkey meatloaf and a small one for eight.  I made two batches of white rice. I made a carrot and sweet potato tsimmes for the larger group and a pot of zucchini and tomato sauce for the eight.  I had no patience to divide the tsimmes into two portions.  I just wanted to get home.  I am wiped.

I saw some yellow circles on the floor last night but I didn't see any strange things for most of the day. I may have seen some red water in the macaroni.  can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday.  I can't wait to finish out the work week.  I am too tired to travel to Jerusalem and no one really is urging me to come.  I think the recent fall has taken its toll on me.  I am cooking a large steak that the dog brought into the house last night.  he goes out every day and brings in bags of bread, and all kinds of meat.  this steak is humongous.  he is quite the scavenger!

I bought a jacket and jumper outside a fancy clothing store on the discount rack.  I paid $20. it is for my friend's play.  I need to dress a character as a wall street savvy lady.  I actually went on line to see how they are dressing on wall street these days.  I thought about going vintage pin striped suit but let's see how this works.  I checked out a wedding dress for the character who is a bride, but she wanted 1000 skekels for this shmatta.  there is a second hand clothes store not far from work.  I hope to get out early enough to check it out.  I also need to dress a character as a jap, aka, Jewish American princess.  I am going with the jap character's look on the HBO show 'girls.'   I am totally into color blocking for the stage. are we having fun yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment