Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Oh Chanukah

it is 5:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  it is the third night of Chanukah.  it is the 10th anniversary of my mom's passing.  I am going to Jerusalem on the 6:00 p.m. bus.  I just got back from work.  I was hoping to leave earlier but I still had to sort out some meals for Wednesday and Thursday.  I have been cooking since sunday to cover these days.  today, I made falafel and chips, salads and fried eggplant.  I sometimes make soup, too, but today I was busy cooking white bean chili, rice, mashed potatoes, green lentils, spaghetti and organizing the meals.  I hope it will all work out.

I was supposed to stop in hadera to make a shiva call but I was too tired to travel.  I didn't sleep a wink last night.  I was so worried about organizing the house, and the meals for the yeshiva that I kept running items in my head.  I gave the local chabad shul $100 to do a Kiddush for my mom and I spent about 100 shekels on cakes for the yeshiva. I just lit a memorial candle for her and I lit the chanukiah.  I won't be able to visit her graveside until after Chanukah ends.  I'm sure my sister went to the grave already.

I guess it's time to get ready to leave.  I just had to run outside and get my very male dog unstuck out of another dog. can it get any weirder??

No comments:

Post a Comment