Thursday, June 21, 2018

Just Anither Shabbat

it is 8:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.   the grandkids just got picked up for school.  I will go to town a little later to pick them up and go home on the minibus.  the older kids torment me on Fridays.  I  even cursed one of the brats once, after they were making fun of me.  I finally told one of the teachers and they got a bit of a chastisement.  kids here are very disrespectful.  however, no one is bringing an automatic rifle and killing anyone, either.

my feet are hurting badly.  standing all day is not helping matters at all.  yesterday, I was getting ready to leave work at 3:00 p.m.  I had to get the kids by 3:45 p.m.  I wanted to buy some hamburgers at a local store before I got the kids.  the manager asked if I could make a vat of tuna salad for the night's Chassidic 'get together.   they were having ,yet, another evening of vodka, snacks and inspiration.  I hadn't washed the stovetop or the floor but I went to work on a salad.

I simply, dumped two industrial size cans of tuna into a huge bowl with 5 cans of chickpeas and cut up a few onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.  I didn't have any eggs to boil and I decided not to add canned corn, olives or mushrooms.  I made a vinaigrette like dressing and made a mad dash to clean the stove top and floor.  I arrived at the school late.  the kids were waiting with a teacher who gave us a ride to town.  their backpacks are like heavy rocks.  it is quite a schlepp to town from the school.  we stopped off for some frozen coffee drinks.  I have been avoiding sugar but I had one and finished my granddaughter's.  I felt like throwing up afterwards.

we ended up food shopping and taxied it back home.  I did some much needed laundry and changed all of the sheets.  I did some more laundry this morning.  I have fresh towels and sheets now.  everything is still wet.  I hung all of my jeans skirts outside on the porch.  after cooking all day, my clothes stink of sweat and cooking oil.  even my snood smells.  the dog tried to wake us all up at around 5:00 a.m.   the poor thing needed to pish and I was too tired to let him out.  he relieved himself in front of the door.  oh well...

I babysat for my friend's elderly dog this week and she shat and peed in the kitchen while I was away.  in a little while I will wash the floors.  I need to go to the supermarket and buy some fruit for Shabbat.  we will be having hamburgers and franks for supper.  I do not feel like really cooking.  I bought some Jerusalem noodle kugel at the bakery.  my grandson loves it.  I also bought some lettuce.  the kids are mad for it.  I will buy some mushrooms and voila! we will have salad.  after cooking all week long, I am truly,bushed.

my friend bought me tow novels for my birthday.  we ordered them from England and didn't have to pay tax or shipping costs.  I doubt that the kids will let me read tomorrow but perhaps while they play, I will get to read.  I adore a good book on Shabbat day.  I do not have the strength to read during the week.  I usually collapse in front of the t.v.  I have been falling asleep lately in front of the computer.   they say when you get old, three things happen.  one is that you lose your memory and sorry,  I forgot the other two.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment