Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Not again

it is nearly 10:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  my son just picked up the kids.  they were here for eight hours.  that is a full day's work.  while I watched them, fed them, and kept them from beating on each other, I made chocolates for a family engagement party on Thursday.  my granddaughter did do arts and crafts as her brother built tiny Lego sets for two hours straight.  this enabled me to make a lot of chocolates.  one of my molds was defective and a lot of chocolates are less than pretty.  the newer mold was much clearer to read.  at first I thought it was the quality of chocolate that I melted; but in the end; I realized that it was definitely, the molds.

I volunteered to make a dinner for after the wedding so I made a bunch of chocolate bride and groom chocolates, too.  the mold broke in several places when I tried to empty it.  some of these bride and groom chocolates are also defective.  in the past I would be more perfect.  I gave up making chocolates years ago.  I did not have any patience today, either.  by the end of the day, I was finally getting into the rhythm of it all and they were coming out of the molds fairly easily and shiny. 

I lost track of how many I made.  I think for the initial party, when my son got married I made over 200.  I sent some over to the synagogue when my son was called to the Torah, as a bridegroom.  this time I stopped after 100.  I did  buy 4 bags of white chocolate chips, so I might just make a few more chocolates tomorrow.  I bought tiny cellophane baggies and silver and gold twists.  I will put them into the cellophane tomorrow.  it was a rainy and cold day anyway, so I didn't mind being indoors working.  I dreaded my grandson coming over while I made the chocolates because I knew that he wanted to help.   as it turns out, he was given a 400 piece set of Lego and he was quite into building it.

I did have to stop every moment to come and see what they were doing.  they run me ragged.  there is no such thing as coming to where I am.  and of course, I have to bring food and drinks and snacks over to them.  Israeli kids are rough. when they are good they are gold.  we had music going, and the kids were singing for hours.  it was a very serene couple of hours before the punching, screaming and yelling.  they are always so happy when they leave.  I am glad that I did the brunt of the chocolates today. 

I have been working on a hand made tutu for my friend's play.  I had no idea of how to make one.  I knew I had to make a circle and put a piece of elastic around it but I didn't know how to make it poufy.  I went online and watched a tutorial.  I opted for the slip not version and ended up cutting up hundreds of slips of tulle and attaching each one to the waist band elastic.  what a balagon!  I have it more, or less finished but I must reinforce the elastic band.  I also opted for making it a tie around.  the actress who is wearing it, cannot simply, pull it over her head.  it is all poufy and multi colored and looks very funny.  I want to sew a big ribbon around the waistband to make it even sillier.

I am pretty sure that I want to postpone my brain surgery til after pesach.  I will notify the hospital and see what they have to say about it.  I am under too much pressure about purim, the upcoming wedding, and  getting the house in order for pesach.  the kids are also busy now and won't have the time to help me out.  we shall see what will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment