Thursday, April 2, 2015

Countdown To Pesach 2015 THursday Night

it is 1:30 a.m. and i'm ready for bed.  the table is set and all the pots and pans and gadgets are on the counters ready to go.  I hope I will be, too.  it was a very long day.  I started the final cleanup at around 7:00 a.m.  by the time the kids came up I was in good shape.  I kept on working while they watched t.v.

we went out for a pizza break around 2:00 p.m.  they only had the large family pizzas and there was no way to heat up any leftovers.  all toaster ovens, microwaves and ovens are sealed away for pesach.   we sat in the park and had ice-cream.  they each left their ice-creams to go run around in the playground so I had about 3 ice-creams.  any wonder my clothes don't fit?

I did laundry today and a lot of sponger.  I used an entire gallon of bleach.  I haven't stopped coughing all day.  all the real balabusters have cooked already.  I had the kids with me until 10:00 p.m. when we all passed out on the sofa couch huddled together.  I woke up in a spastic coughing fit and had a shooting pain in my right hip.  I suddenly was freezing and ran upstairs for my woolen cape.  I actually put the heater on for a bit.  I felt sick.

the big kids came home after 11:00 p.m.  my son bought some really good wine.  I did the search for chometz upstairs by myself earlier on.  I threw the 3 dogs outside and set out 10 small pieces of bread wrapped in plastic.  I only found 9.  oh well!  hopefully, one of the dogs found the missing piece.  I can't get all that excited at this point.  the house is beautiful and shiny and it feels like pesach.

the washing machine stopped working yesterday and my son and I got into a really bad fight.  he's been mad at me since I gave him hell for the missing kitchen tile.  we both said very abusive things to one another and I screamed at him to leave my house.  somehow, it turned around and we're back on track and peaceful.  I think he realized he went too far with me.  I called a repairman so we were able to finish the laundry. I left some out on my bedroom balcony.  i'll finish it after the holiday.  the machine malfunctioned again today and I had to get the repairman to come back.  he found little socks in the motor.

I have some meat and chicken bottoms, breasts, necks and wings defrosting in the sink.  I hope i'll figure out what to cook tomorrow and be able to function well.  I'm beyond exhausted now and I have the small kids all day.  the pesach stove is set up so I can make them eggs in the morning.  they went to bed without supper tonight.  I did give them each a glass of warm milk.   I have to make up the beds tomorrow and hang up the dining room curtains.  i'm sure there is lots more to do like burning the chometz.

I am going to attempt to make my own mayonnaise.  I haven't done it in years.  I have a lot of nuts to crack.  I was hoping to do them this evening but the kids needed my attention.  my pesach stove has 4 burners so I should be able to make the food relatively fast.  I don't know if i'll take out the toaster oven.   I may be able to function without it.  we'll see.  all you need is love and good health.

  happy pesach to one and all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment